See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This hotel and restaurant have a quiet charm from waitstaff to ambience to food. It was established by an artist, and the colors alone would satisfy. It's a place where warmth evokes warmth, coolness is met with...well, reserve. It reminded me of a stay long ago in the English Lake District. Nothing comes out and slaps you upside the head, but quiet excellence abounds.
The kitchen is very accommodating to concert and festival goers; the town is totally wonderful for strolling as well as hiking in the Tivoli lakes reserve.

Room Tip: choose a room that overlooks Broadway and not North Street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
69JEP, Manager at Hotel Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hello - thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience, and we do look forward to your return! :-)

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I took a seat at the bar and ordered a glass of wine and a hamburger. I was very surprised at how little wine was poured; maybe 31/2 ounces for $10. Waited 45 mins for the burger which was on the small side and very dry although the fries were good. I also had a draft beer which was also $10. On a positive note the wait staff were very friendly and accommodating which was nice but I don't think I'll be going back again. I just moved to Tivoli so I'll have to explore other restaurants.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Hello and welcome to Tivoli! Thank you for your feedback - We are so very sorry you were disappointed with your experience. We do like to know if guests are not satisfied with their meal, because we will do our very best to rectify any situation. We take pride in what we are doing, and if something is wrong please let us know. Maybe you might give us another try?

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Tivoli with a group of friends for a wedding the area. The hotel is situated in idyllic Tivoli, close to Rhinebeck and other area attractions. It's a design hotel which emphasizes design over functionality and comfort. The rooms are decorated with pops of color which is aesthetically appealing but the chairs are tough to sit in, the bathroom lacks storage space and the floors are very creaky. I was woken up both nights by street noice and people walking / moving furniture in the room upstairs. The breakfast is ok at best with fairly limited options. The staff is very charming and always happy to help. For the price we were expecting more and will likely stay elsewhere if we are back in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCTripper_11
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The pictures online won me over and the hotel lived up to them. Trying to find a hotel in the Hudson Valley, the prices of the hotels in Hudson seemed way too high. The Hotel Tivoli popped up on my radar and we rolled the dice. Winner.
This small hotel is a charmer as is the village of Tivoli. Looking for a quiet weekend away from New York City? This is it. The rooms as well stocked with really nice touches. Loved the decor and the service was laid back and efficient. Will return for sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank conciergeinnewyork
69JEP, Manager at Hotel Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback - we are thrilled you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to your return :-)

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Visiting my son at Bard College, I spent 2 nights and had booked 2 rooms. The hotel is nicely located, BUT I couldn't sleep during part of the first night. There were a bunch of girls in a room above mine, very noisy. Twice, I asked the manager to do something. Breakfast is pretty strange, mostly based on bread/butter/jam. The bread is delicious by the way. We had dinner at the restaurant, and we weren't impressed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NoamSinclair
69JEP, Manager at Hotel Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate hearing directly from our guests! We are so sorry your first night was uncomfortable. Management will ask guests to respect others and keep their noises down, because it is a very old building (over a century!) and yes, you will hear your neighbor. We want everyone to have a restful night, and most of our guests do understand the charm of an old structure.

Our breakfast is a continental breakfast, and it is house-made: fresh baked goods, granola, and jams. We take pride in using local yogurt, fruits, and coffee/tea purveyors. It's a simple breakfast, but we hope our guests enjoy a little bit of the Hudson Valley flavor.

It is unfortunate your experience was not impressive, but we will take your review seriously and strive to improve what we offer at Hotel Tivoli.