“A stop while traveling through the area”
Review of Red and Blue

Red and Blue
Ranked #55 of 243 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place while traveling through the area. The food was fabulous. I am from New Jersey and the Asian food here is nothing like the take out food from NJ. Real chunks of pork in the pork fried rice. The sushi was delicious. The octopus salad had real pieces of octopus. All of the dishes were great. A place for authentic Asian food.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Very snack and family style restaurant with very good genuine Taiwanese cuisine. We ordered the favorite dish, Tung Po pork, which was succulent and sweet as it should be and very tender braided pork cubes on Chinese greens. We also posted a new dish we have not tried before, the pig kidneys in mixed vegetables. It was out group favorite this time and everybody clamoring about the flavor and the excellent preparation done for the kidney. We also ordered a shredded pork in Beijing sauce and a Szechuan string beans sauteed.
All the dishes were excellently prepared and tasting. The only complaint add the small portions of each dish. We all ate to our hearts' content!! We will return for sure again!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I've only ordered takeout from here during the lunch hour, but the lunch special is great (two rolls, soup or salad for $8)! My favorites are the Tokyo Roll, California (simple, but they do a good job) and the Peanut Avocado --yum!!!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We got takeout from here. The menu was surprisingly varied. Lots of unusual Chinese dishes from different regions. Dan Dan Noodles were great and other items we tried were very good.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I felt good about the Red and Blue immediately after walking in the door -- many RPI Asian students smiling and enjoying the food. I, too, was not disappointed. My shredded pork with garlic sauce and mushroom soup was very good. I was thrilled to finally find such a good Asian restaurant in Troy, since several others I've tried just didn't do it for one reason or another.

Date of visit: December 2015

Been to Red and Blue? Share your experiences!