“Very loud and lively crowd on Thursday Trivia night.”

Valenti's Pizzeria & Pub
Ranked #113 of 215 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 18 March 2016

Why would you ever go to an Italian named pub on Saint Patrick’s Day? Well, because it was Third Thursday Tavern Time when a group of us gather to eat pizza, wings, mozzarella sticks with raspberry sauce, and whatever else on the menu sounds cool and inviting.

Apparently, a lot of other people, many wearing the green, also showed up to play trivia, madly root on their bracket teams, or just to party. Luck of the Irish for us, we had reserved a table in a corner behind the speakers where it was still a challenge for the eight of us to communicate around the table. The din was louder than a stadium filled with a GAA governed Gaelic football game.

With pitchers of Ommegang and Guinness on the table the first round of Mozzarella Sticks arrived. While thought to be a bit salty, they were getting thumbs up from the 4Ts trivia team. The raspberry sauce scored a goal and was considered by some the best encountered since the TTTT tour started.

Parmesan-garlic wings and medium-hot regular wings arrived next. Personally, of the two, I preferred the medium-hot wings, but I now know that I would order hotter wings if I were to return. The couple of wings that I tried were meaty and moist, but nothing exceptional. I also would have preferred less Parmesan and garlic on those wings. I’m not sure what others thought (I couldn’t hear them talking very well.)

Our three pizzas arrived soon after. I think there may have been a consensus that the Fra Diavolo was the favorite. It had their homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, hot Italian sausage, and chopped cherry peppers on top. There was a nice amount of spiciness to it and good sized chunks of decent sausage.

The Villa Special pizza has their tomato sauce, mozzarella, provolone, roasted peppers, onions, and basil. It tasted a bit sweet to me after the Fra Diavolo, but there was a nice creaminess with the blend of cheeses. No spiciness.

The Buffalo Wing pizza was topped with their wing sauce, mozzarella, and chicken. Blue cheese was served on the side. There was some spiciness to the wing sauce, but different and not like the spiciness of the Fra Diavolo. I hadn’t noticed any of this spiciness on those medium wings.

The dough of all the pizzas was flavorful, not too thick, had some char spots along some edges, but lacked any crispiness to its bottom. This did aid, however, in folding a slice while eating.

Considering how busy the place was, I was impressed with the quality of our service. She was patient with us, available when we needed her, and cleared our table of used plates and trays. Did I mention our 4Ts trivia team came in fourth and won tee-shirts?

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Its a hometown pub. The pizza and great and the portions are large. Whatever you order you won't leave hungry.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Fun, casual, great pub food, very good prices, nice people.... Mostly local people. It has an OTB facility if you are into the horses.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Ordered pizzas to be delivered. A small vegetarian was delivered and was totally burnt. The top crust and bottom were black!
I can't believe the cook had the nerve to box it and send it out. We could not even eat it. I'm sorry that I did not take it back. We'll never order from them again.i rated it a one as there is nothing lower.

1  Thank gene s
Reviewed 27 October 2014

We were staying at a hotel in the area, and ordered on a Saturday night around 9:30pm. our food was fresh and hot - the bread was good. the delivery person was friendly and it took less than an hour for them to deliver to our hotel!

1  Thank Nancy1092