“Top notch pizza”

Carol's Place For Pizza & Subs
Ranked #34 of 215 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast food
Reviewed 13 January 2017

May be the best and consistent pizza I've had outside of NYC or Italy, great crust, the right amount of tasty sauce, and generous fresh toppings.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Extremely cheap eats for breakfast/lunch and I've even had subs for an early dinner. Super nice staff. My favorite casual breakfast place in town.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Prices are very reasonable. Most portion sizes are large enough for 2 meals. Interesting pizza- always find 1 piece of green pepper in the corner of square pizza. Is this a signature? Parking is awful, difficult to get in and out of, if at all. Tough manuvering during rush hour.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We've been getting their pizza for years and recently tried their breakfast. Always top quality food with friendly service. The wait time can be a little long if their swamped, but the food is well worth the wait

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I've heard a lot of wonderful things about Carol's so we finally decided to give it a try one afternoon for lunch. I called in an order to be delivered to our place of business. I was put on hold several times and then told delivery would be a couple of hours away - so I told them I'd pick up my order at 12:15. I was told that would be perfect. When I got there, my food was not ready and I waited another 20 minutes for it. They must have been extremely busy - and they only had 2 waitresses to help in the dining area, the counter area, and the take out area, but people came and went while I waited. There was a couple that had been sitting at the counter area when I got there and just before I left they were finally given menus! I couldn't believe it.
After all of that, I would have expected the food to be exceptional. I had pizza. It was rather bland and disappointing. My friend had a burger and it was huge. I don't know how it tasted but she certainly got her money's worth on size.
The diner is a quant place with shelves full of books - I decided I could probably read one of them while I waited for service.
I don't know if that is how things always area - but I certainly wouldn't order lunch from there again.
Another department has ordered breakfasts to be delivered for meetings and they love the place - so I'll try that next - once.