The Washboard Donut Shop & Laundromat

Reviewed 31 October 2020
wheretogonext3
New York
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Delicious little cake fried donuts and made to order, so they're super fresh. The frosting (I think buttercream) is so delicious and I love all the flavor varieties. My personal favorites out of the half dozen we got were the vanilla buttercream with peanuts and the maple frosted. My husband enjoyed the cookies and cream and blueberry frosted most! Plus, there is a little gift shop attached with some great items for sale. I purchased some incense then. I wish this place was closer to our home, but I'm glad my husband and I stopped by before we headed home from our weekend away in the Adirondacks.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

Best donuts ever! We stopped here a couple times. Great variety! We loved the Oreo & Vanilla with peanuts but let's be honest they were all good. Don't miss this place.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

This may seem like an unlikely place to get donuts, but these were possibly the best donuts we ever had. We went around 7 am on a Saturday and tried the chocolate and raspberry frosted. They were so warm and fresh! I wish we got more! Only $1 each.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

Stopped looking for coffee on way south from high peaks. Stumbled on the most delicious maple frosted fry cake. The maple frosting was the most amazingly delicious fluffy frosting. Perfection!! Stop and treat yourself!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Dreamagic
Reviewed 15 August 2019

Unlikely place for a donut, but OH WOW yum yum. The smell of freshly made donuts wafted onto the street. We had to go in to see "what was what".

That what was what moment was amazing.

Additionally, there is a new place across the street. Birch Boys---chaga tea.

Date of experience: August 2019