“Family Dinner”

Columbia Diner
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Valatie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

The columbia Diner has been around for a long time now. We eat here once or twice a month... The food is always fresh and great.. There veal parmiginia is excellent and there Mexican food is to die for. Always friendly service and just a nice out with the family.
Would recommend to the whole family..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Go at least once a month and never disappointed. Delicious and generous portions. Wait staff very hard working and friendly.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We were once again in the area to pick apples and based on last year's experience, we decided to stop in again. I enjoy Mexican food and this diner specializes in it. We really enjoyed our last visit here but this time was not as good. Last time I ordered the beef chimichanga but this time selected the chicken chimichanga instead because it was a daily special.

I have to say, I was a little disappointed. When I ordered the chicken chimichanga, I made reference that it was the daily special. The waitress didn't really seem to be aware of the daily specials. When I got the bill, I was charge the full price and not the price for the special. I wouldn't have minded that much because the difference was only $1. But, the chimi was a over done like it had sat on the flat top grill too long. The chicken inside was a little dry as well. I almost wonder if it was left over from the night before.

My wife ordered the chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce. Her meal was delicious and nicely prepared. I should have gotten the enchiladas. Chips with salsa fresca was served with both of our entrees. The salsa fresca was awesome and the chips rival anything I've had in Mexico.

Lesson learned. Don't order off the specials board at this restaurant. The food wasn't bad but this is a mixed review. Wife's meal was great, mine was so-so. We will definitely give them another chance because it wasn't all bad.

As a side note,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The menu covers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Many selections across American, Italian and Mexican styles. We stop here each year after apple picking to have lunch. Never been able to eat the huge plate of food and have some to take home. Staff is friendly and provide good service. Highly recommend the stop.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Every time I visit this dinner , the wait staff is friendly , the food is wholesome and delicious , the prices are great . Everything you want in a small town dinner