“First time visitor who will be going back many more times.”
Review of Grotta's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grotta's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My son and his friends had been here more than a few times, but my wife and I always just drove by. We were all very hungry and decided to give it a shot and we weren't disappointed. It was a husband and wife ownership team that was very welcoming and personable. The salads were nice, nothing special but the bread was wonderful. My wife raved about the chicken Marsala and my son enjoyed his chicken meal as well. I ordered the spicy sauced rigatoni and it was sure nice and spicy. I order it from the chain Italian restaurant down the road and it is pretty mild. Overall it was a great experience and we look forward to visiting again to try more of their authentic Italian cooking. The owners were obviously Italian and have been doing this for a long time and their pride in their business showed through the whole time we were there.

1  Thank JJBAX073

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We have been here a couple of times and the food is good, prices are fair but there are too many other Italian Restaurants that are better around in our book. They are a very friendly owned/run business and it is very clean. It is one small open room with table & chair seating. The biggest complaint is that our dinners did not come out at the same time. My husband received his meal first and was just about done with it before mine even arrived at the table a good 5-10 minutes later. He wanted to wait until my dinner arrived at the table but I told him to go ahead and eat before his got cold. We have not been back since and most likely will not be going back. :(

1  Thank EmptynesterTravelers
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The owners invite you in and treat you like family, and cook up an authentic, home made Italian meal in huge portions for very reasonable prices! It's like eating at my Italian grandma's house (if I had an Italian grandma)!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We had tried Grotta's before, soon after it opened and did not have a great experience then, but we were willing to give it another chance.
I called in an order for their two large pizza special and went to pick it up 20 minutes later. The pizza was ready, and the woman at the counter gave me the bill and I handed her my card to pay for it. I didn't look at the slip immediately, but noticed later that they had upped the price to the next whole dollar amount. It was only about 60 cents, not enough to turn around and complain about, but it made me wonder.
The pizzas were okay. Not fanastic, not terrible, just okay. Can't say that I would give them a thrid try.

1  Thank Pens_Fan_67