“If these are the best, I'd hate to try the worst.”
Review of Spiedie & Rib Pit

Spiedie & Rib Pit
Ranked #14 of 103 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stopped in for a chicken spiedie. The sandwich was bitter with very dry chicken. The fries were overcooked. Overall, a poor showing. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We here in the Triple Cities, the center of the spiedie world where it was "invented" love our spiedies (specially marinated meat, originally lamb but now beef, pork or chicken) so when friends come to town and want to eat a local dish, a hometown favorite, you take them to a restaurant specializing in spiedies, one of over a dozen being the Spiedie and Rib Pit on the Vestal Parkway (Route 434) near Binghamton University, in Vestal. Such was the case Friday night, August 26, 2016 when three old friends told me the were coming and asked that very question. Since their hotel was less than a mile west on the Parkway, this Spiedie and Rib Pit was the natural choice. Why only 3 instead of a 5 rating? That's because this restaurant, despite lisitng "original" on their menu, do not have lamb spiedies. Yes lamb is more expensive, and at restaurants that serve lamb spiedies charge more for them. Couple that with the fact that this is within sight of Binghamton University, then, that might be an excuse not to have lamb. But I missed it. In all my years I hadn't had chicken spiedie until tonight and found it disappointing, more dry, more salty, than lamb I usually have at other locations and so did not enjoy it as much as I had expected. Nonetheless, our guests were impressed with spiedies and enjoyed the meal...salads, pita, and chicken just the same and were glad the partook of this local favorite. I wish I had been smart enough to order the beef or pork instead of the chicken...but hey, chicken is chic. This S&RP is close to the University and on the retail strip of the area, so it is more convenient to find when you are out searching for spiedies and don't want to get lost.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

They serve both chicken and pork Spiedies. Would be nice if they served the original lamb as well.

6" or 12" sandwiches (subs) as well as Spiedie salads. They also offer fries and onion rings for sides.

Fast service & very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Great food...nice combinations of spiedie sandwiches. Very fast service. Popular place so might not be able to find a seat at lunch.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Went looking for some place for lunch and consulted Trip Advisor. Specie and Rib Pit was recommended by many others so I figured "Why not?" Good choice, I must say. I had never heard of this local favorite which is marinated meat in a sub roll. It's easy to see why this place and that sandwich is so popular.

Been to Spiedie & Rib Pit? Share your experiences!