“Tasty”

Spiedie & Rib Pit
Ranked #15 of 98 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Spiedies have a unique seasoning to them. The spiedies here were tasty. Spiedies are traditionally made with lamb, but the "original" version here is made with chicken. Enjoyed the sandwich with some onion rings. The shop has the kind of soda machine where you can select from a ton of options. That was a plus.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

A fast food place with the local areas Spiedie's as the main course. Good food, the spiedies are tasty with several different styles to chose from. I got the Endwell and it was very good. You can get them on a roll or pita. The fries that can with it were nothing special, just ok. This is a good place for a quick meal on the go. Nothing really fancy. Hard getting out of the parking lot onto the parkway at this spot, might be better to go behind the buildings to Bunn Hill Rd. Again, really like the Spiedie's (marinated chicken or pork chunks) they are really a tradition in this area. Would be nice if they offered them on Italian bread as a sandwich which was the original way speidies were served. Only have counter service.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I used to visit my I laws in Vestal about once a month and be sure to hit up this spot every time. Now, any chance I get I stop by when traveling on business. My advice, don't mess around, just get the basic speedie if you have never had one then experiment with the toppings. As a veteran speedie eater, I keep it simple.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stopped in for a chicken spiedie. The sandwich was bitter with very dry chicken. The fries were overcooked. Overall, a poor showing. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We here in the Triple Cities, the center of the spiedie world where it was "invented" love our spiedies (specially marinated meat, originally lamb but now beef, pork or chicken) so when friends come to town and want to eat a local dish, a hometown favorite, you take them to a restaurant specializing in spiedies, one of over a dozen being the Spiedie and Rib Pit on the Vestal Parkway (Route 434) near Binghamton University, in Vestal. Such was the case Friday night, August 26, 2016 when three old friends told me the were coming and asked that very question. Since their hotel was less than a mile west on the Parkway, this Spiedie and Rib Pit was the natural choice. Why only 3 instead of a 5 rating? That's because this restaurant, despite lisitng "original" on their menu, do not have lamb spiedies. Yes lamb is more expensive, and at restaurants that serve lamb spiedies charge more for them. Couple that with the fact that this is within sight of Binghamton University, then, that might be an excuse not to have lamb. But I missed it. In all my years I hadn't had chicken spiedie until tonight and found it disappointing, more dry, more salty, than lamb I usually have at other locations and so did not enjoy it as much as I had expected. Nonetheless, our guests were impressed with spiedies and enjoyed the meal...salads, pita, and chicken just the same and were glad the partook of this local favorite. I wish I had been smart enough to order the beef or pork instead of the chicken...but hey, chicken is chic. This S&RP is close to the University and on the retail strip of the area, so it is more convenient to find when you are out searching for spiedies and don't want to get lost.

Been to Spiedie & Rib Pit? Share your experiences!