“Good sandwiches”

Spiedie & Rib Pit
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We stopped here at about 9:30 on Friday night. We both got cheese steak sandwiches, one with everything and one with pretty much nothing. They were both very tasty and the service was pretty quick. I also like that they have the soda machine that allows you to make pretty much any drink you want. I am always pleased with the food at spiedie & Rib pits.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Spiedies have a unique seasoning to them. The spiedies here were tasty. Spiedies are traditionally made with lamb, but the "original" version here is made with chicken. Enjoyed the sandwich with some onion rings. The shop has the kind of soda machine where you can select from a ton of options. That was a plus.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

A fast food place with the local areas Spiedie's as the main course. Good food, the spiedies are tasty with several different styles to chose from. I got the Endwell and it was very good. You can get them on a roll or pita. The fries that can with it were nothing special, just ok. This is a good place for a quick meal on the go. Nothing really fancy. Hard getting out of the parking lot onto the parkway at this spot, might be better to go behind the buildings to Bunn Hill Rd. Again, really like the Spiedie's (marinated chicken or pork chunks) they are really a tradition in this area. Would be nice if they offered them on Italian bread as a sandwich which was the original way speidies were served. Only have counter service.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I used to visit my I laws in Vestal about once a month and be sure to hit up this spot every time. Now, any chance I get I stop by when traveling on business. My advice, don't mess around, just get the basic speedie if you have never had one then experiment with the toppings. As a veteran speedie eater, I keep it simple.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stopped in for a chicken spiedie. The sandwich was bitter with very dry chicken. The fries were overcooked. Overall, a poor showing. Would not recommend.

Been to Spiedie & Rib Pit? Share your experiences!