“I am a Repeat Visitor”

Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: Cambodian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Welcome to The Soup Spoon, where we are so much more than your average bowl of soup! Here, we specialize in what we like to call Cambodian comfort food, and while very similar to Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, our dishes are very unique. The majority of our dishes are family recipes that have come straight from Cambodia, and how we prepare and serve our food here is just how our family enjoys it at home. It is our sincerest hope that you enjoy it just as much as we do! We pride ourselves on meticulously making every batch of soup, sandwich, and spring roll, and our main goal is to provide you with an amazing experience combined with a unique array of menu options and flavors. To achieve this, we have partnered with other local businesses to ensure outstanding quality and support of our local economy. We thank you for your patronage, and look forward to sharing a taste of Cambodia with you!
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Soup Spoon is a small hidden gem in downtown Victor. The restaurant is always clean, the food and service consistent. As a vegetarian I can't comment on the Pho, but my husband enjoyed it when he ordered it during our last visit. They are a good stop if you are in need of a tea on your way through the Village- every cup I have had has been delicious. The space is clean and relaxing.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Maybe our problem is we live in an area with lots of Vietnamese/Cambodian restaurants and make it at home lots...but the Soup Spoon fell far short of what we were expecting. The flavor of the Pho was pleasant but very mild and there was little in it besides the broth, the meat and noodles. My son loves his spring rolls but wasn't expecting only 2 small ones cut in half to look like 4 pieces (not worth the cost). I feel bad writing this as the staff were very nice and wonderful to deal with, however, I am the one paying for the food and when it doesn't meet what you expect - it misses the mark.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place, everything is perfect. The environment, the decor, the menu, the fresh and delicious dishes, the variety of teas. A little gem hidden in Victor,NY

1  Thank Elvit
Reviewed 17 July 2014

While vacationing in upstate NY, our friends suggested a late lunch at The Soup Spoon in Victor. We all enjoyed it. We all chose pho soup, but with different additions. I had the pho noodles with chicken, my wife chose the pho with meatballs, one friend had the pho with steak and chicken, and the last had the pho noodle soup with shrimp. The server/preparer explained all the sauces and additions on the table. Small servings of lemon, scallions, cilantro and mung beans were also available. She also talked about spices in the basic broth. Service was good and pleasant. A different experience for us.
By the way, the noodles are gluten-free rice noodles. I think all the other ingredients might be OK for people with dietary restrictions about wheat, but I can't be 100% certain.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The reception is very pleasant. The food has a unique quality that ensures I will return. Just the perfect amount of food for my lunch break.