“Never had Cambodian Food, thought I'd try it”
Review of The Soup Spoon - CLOSED

The Soup Spoon
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: Cambodian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Welcome to The Soup Spoon, where we are so much more than your average bowl of soup! Here, we specialize in what we like to call Cambodian comfort food, and while very similar to Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, our dishes are very unique. The majority of our dishes are family recipes that have come straight from Cambodia, and how we prepare and serve our food here is just how our family enjoys it at home. It is our sincerest hope that you enjoy it just as much as we do! We pride ourselves on meticulously making every batch of soup, sandwich, and spring roll, and our main goal is to provide you with an amazing experience combined with a unique array of menu options and flavors. To achieve this, we have partnered with other local businesses to ensure outstanding quality and support of our local economy. We thank you for your patronage, and look forward to sharing a taste of Cambodia with you!
Reviewed 17 September 2014

First, I could not find the place. I called and the owner could not tell me where it was although I told him I was so close and describe the stores around me. I was only across the street and If he had only informed me that it was in an office plaza it would have helped. I asked him to come out and meet me. I looked across the street and saw a man that looked Cambodian and ran across the street toward him.He did not wait, although I found the name of the cafe on the directory found downstairs. I was disappointed that it wasn't a sit down, waiter comes and takes order type place, and I was tired and hungry from a 4 hour drive. I love vegetarian, non-fried rice paper rolls, so I ordered two servings and tofu with veggies. When owner brought me the rolls I was livid. It was wrapped in some kind of green paper, not rice paper. And it only contained cucumbers and carrots. I called him over and asked him where are the other items I'm use to seeing in spring rolls: such as: Vermicelli, tofu, basil, etc. He said that's how they make it in Cambodia. I told him I don't like cucumbers and could not eat it. He took it away and credit it. (still waiting for the 6.32 credit.) When I was served the main meal I was glad that the tofu was not fried. I didn't want red peppers, so I asked him for more Bokchoy and he did not comply. There was more rice then food and that was not what I wanted to eat the most of. I was so hungry I begrudgedly ate it and left still hungry. So I went to the mall and had a sandwich.
When I first read about this restaurant in the Hotel's booklet I was happy, as I like soup. I had no idea it was Asian. I only went out of curiosity to eat food from another country unknown to me. And will not return to that place, even to find out from the owner where my credit is.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Successfully put together a great coffee house with tasty Cambodian food and soup and you get The Soup Spoon. I had the spring rolls which come with a variety of options and sauces, yummy. Also had soup, equally yummy. What was most interesting was the atmosphere and layout of the establishment. Although you could eat only Cambodian you can easily go the coffee house route, sit in comfy leather chairs around the fireplace, plug in, Wi-Fi too and relax or get some some work done. Give this place a visit. Loved it!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Soup Spoon is a small hidden gem in downtown Victor. The restaurant is always clean, the food and service consistent. As a vegetarian I can't comment on the Pho, but my husband enjoyed it when he ordered it during our last visit. They are a good stop if you are in need of a tea on your way through the Village- every cup I have had has been delicious. The space is clean and relaxing.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Maybe our problem is we live in an area with lots of Vietnamese/Cambodian restaurants and make it at home lots...but the Soup Spoon fell far short of what we were expecting. The flavor of the Pho was pleasant but very mild and there was little in it besides the broth, the meat and noodles. My son loves his spring rolls but wasn't expecting only 2 small ones cut in half to look like 4 pieces (not worth the cost). I feel bad writing this as the staff were very nice and wonderful to deal with, however, I am the one paying for the food and when it doesn't meet what you expect - it misses the mark.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place, everything is perfect. The environment, the decor, the menu, the fresh and delicious dishes, the variety of teas. A little gem hidden in Victor,NY

1  Thank Elvit