“Avoid the prawn tapas”

Cuisines: Indian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We called in with friends for tapas one evening, and to be honest, it was nice. Nothing out of the ordinary, but average tapas that were tasty.

However, the prawn tapas was ridiculous. 4 small prawns on a skewer, for £4. Not king prawns with tails, or small ones packed together. Just 4 sad small circular prawns. That felt like a rip off.

Also, 2 of us ordered the chicken. But it was all served together in one bowl. If they are going to do that they should ask.

So it’s not bad, and most will enjoy it. But it might be worth checking exactly what you’re getting. And avoid the sad prawns.

1  Thank toptravellerKeighley

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Came in after passing it I few times on the way to the river.
Had 2 of the Tapas both great really enjoyed it - the crab was one of the best tapas tasted outside Spain.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I wouldn't bother if I were you. My wife and I went for breakfast after seeing it advertised in their website. After sitting at a table for five minutes we were toild by an officious young person that no food was served until 12. Just that, no apology no nothing, so we left. I wouldn't believe everything you read on their website.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Tapas was really average, pakoras were that spicy you couldn't taste anything & the halloumi was cut too thick and under cooked. Iv never had a gin in a tall glass, no drinks menu either! And to be honest the main waitress was actually quick rude when I asked about the gin glass. Only positive the latte was really warm!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The service here is good, the food is exquisite! However, it’s a shame that the place has to close so early due to the regulations of Heritage Saltaire. The decor in the place makes it feel like it should be a rooftop cocktail bar in New York or Melbourne. The closing hours can’t be helped unfortunately. I would suggest, however, that the place takes up its dining theme and reflects it upon the bar, as this part seems too generic.
I get down as often as I can, and would recommend others to do so too!

1  Thank PaulC660517