2,774 results
All reviewstony duvalsuperior roomwater sportshalf boardboat housewater skiingstar hotelbeautiful beachdolphin tripmain buildingour honeymoonglass bottom boatswim with dolphinsbuffet stylethree starport louisboathouse staff
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We loved our stay and would love to come back soon... not sure if we'll be able to make it back again though till the end of the year but we're certainly planning a return!

Thanks so much for such a great stay and given our first time in Mauritius we were just delighted with everything your resort had to offer.

We met some long standing customers of yours on our stay too which speaks volumes of the service you offer.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms aren't full 'beachfront' but they have a view from the patio area and they vary how far from the beach they get.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear Mrs Susie,

Thank you for choosing the Merville Beach as destination during your first visit in Mauritius.

The team and I are deeply touched by these few lines which mean lots for us.

We count on you to see you back again to our shores, hopefully in a not too far distant future.

Until then, do accept our best regards.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Really great spot with a amazing calm beach with plenty of beach lounges and that was peak season xmas 2016 thru to January 2017.
Rooms are clean and large enough (suggest a superior not standard and ground floor for easy beach access.
Food not so good if your a vegetarian or Gluten free, Luigis Italian down the road is amazing and also The Happy Raja indian in town.
Buy your drinks and nibbles at store 2000 down the road at a fraction of the cost.
A really nice Island but very expensive would love to go back with the whole family but simply not affordable.
Only negative was my wifes hand bag was ransacked getting a massage from across the street so she ended up getting them at the hotel but costing $4000 rupee per time is way more than we pay back home in Australia.
Great hotel, great location, great island and people, just way overpriced compared to other tropical holidays

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear Mr Paul,

Thank you for staying at the Merville Beach Hotel during the festivities.

We are all delighted to learn that you were overwhelmed by the location.

However, I feel sorry to learn about your feedback regarding the food. Should you have let us know about the preferences, our chef and his team would have been so pleased to meet your expectation.

Yet, I regret lo learn the misadventure that happened to your wife. Still, I would like to mention that at the Merville Beach spa our prices differ depending on the treatment you would like to have and I noticed that you both took the Signature one which is, indeed, at Rs4000/-.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores for a more pleasurable stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This was our first trip with our toddler, we were worrying about the holiday but it could not have been better, most of this was down to the awesome Merville resort we stayed at!
We arrived late in the evening, we were greeted with massive smiles and were taken straight to dinner to make sure the family had something to eat. The staff offered our youngster his own meal off the menu that may suite him better, this was a great touch.

Our room was on the first floor with a sea view, we were worried about our toddler and the railing but they brought a perspex barrier to prevent him climbing over, super well thought out.

The bathrooms are basic and clean, the room was always spotless when we arrived back and the free bottled water was amazing. The decor is out dated but this made zero difference to us as we spent most of our time utilising the amazing facilities the resort had to offer.

The different meals each night were a great experience, even for a fussy eater like my wife and someone who is very allergic to fish we ate from the buffet every night and really enjoyed it!

The staff really make this hotel so amazing, from the friendly guys that clean the beach in the morning that played with my toddler, to the fun loving boat shed crew that saw me almost all day and the most friendly hotel staff we have ever experienced!

The beach position in the bay was incredible, even when there was some wind, the beach was completely sheltered from the wind. The lounge beds are amazing and the towel cabana was always stoked.

If you are into water sports and adventure this place is for you, I skied, sailed, SUP, kayaked and pedal boated every day!

We did the swimming with the Dolphins, on the morning we went it was very busy, but my pregnant wife was able to swim with them and really enjoyed the once in a life time experience!

My family and I want to say thanks again to the amazing staff at Merville beach!

We now follow the Merville Beach Instagram account to see pictures of paradise in our news feed! We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay on the hotel side of the block, so its not as far to the beach and amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank skistar15
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Dear Sir,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you and your family to our resort during your first visit to Mauritius.

First, I would like to thank you for the time afforded to share this review and I shall not miss to congratulate all my team who have gone the extra miles in serving you and ensuring you had the most enjoyable stay among us.

Reading your total satisfaction is, indeed, our greatest reward.

Thank you for keeping in touch with us through Instagram where we will be delighted sharing lots of souvenirs.

Congratulations for the arrival of you newborn baby to come and we cannot wait to welcome all of you back to our shores for another pleasurable stay.

Meanwhile, I remain at your entire disposal should you need my personal assistance.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Very good stay with a large family group. The welcome at the reception was 10/10 and we got our room without any delay. As regular customers, we had requested sea view rooms, and we were all allocated one. The beach is simply stunning at the Merville and it is one of its strongest points. It makes up for the slightly old fashioned pool area.

Dinner and breakfast buffets were very good as was the dance show after the dinner. We were on a half board basis but its bar food and drinks were very reasonably priced.

The rooms although a bit old and tired were spacious and did the job. I think the hotel will be renovated soon, and I think that will benefit it.

Lovely stay overall, and a nice kids club as well for families who need it. This is a hotel which certainly values its relationship with its existing customers and which is very flexible and accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Merville Beach recently and also for trusting us.

We are delighted to learn that you were amazed by the beach and that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us as well as the facilities and services offered.

Indeed, we do have a refurbishment project but meanwhile our aim is to maintain our rooms to the highest standard possible.

In our endeavor to continuously help people celebrate life, do rest assured of our hospitality at all times.

I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy & Prosperous New Year 2017.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We stayed for a week at the end of November/beginning December. Not having been to Mauritus before we chose this hotel as it is located within walking distance of Grand Baie, with its many bars and restaurants. In fact we liked the restaurant and the bar at the hotel so much that we rarely left.
We treated ourselves to a beach front room and it really is worth paying the extra, the view was stunning and its away from the main hotel so its very peaceful
We had breakfast and evening meal included and the food was excellent, changing every night and we struggled to make choices as it was all so good.
All the staff were friendly and attentive, special thank you to Fazal at the boathouse who sorted out our sporting activities every day. We went on the glass bottom boat trip, daily snorkelling at the reef, water skiing, water boarding and kayaking-all for free!
We loved it here, only complaint was that a week is not enough.
When I return to Mauritius I will chose the Merville Beach Resort

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Horleys2014
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Mrs Horley,

Greetings from the Merville Beach and Happy New Year 2017!

We were delighted having you with us and I cannot thank you enough for choosing the Merville Beach Hotel for your first visit to Mauritius.

The team and I were amazed to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we have achieved our vision and purpose which is: “We make each moment matter by helping our guests celebrate life”.

Thank you for mentioning Fazal, he was so touched to learn about your appreciation.
We would love to welcome you back again to our shores, however for a longer stay.

Until then, do accept our warmest regards,