1,444 results
All reviews self service across the road all inclusive package all inclusive drinks tea and coffee glass bottom boat grand baie curry mini bar boat house honeymoon stay filtered water indian food paradise island beach towels superior room three star
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel purely for location, price and it was all inclusive.

My review is honest and I booked this hotel with an open mind after reading previous reviews.

We was welcomed by reception, we never experienced any rudeness as stated in previous posts. We was lucky enough to be upgraded to a bungalow, which was a bonus for us as it had a separate bedroom so our 3 year old could be put to bed and we still had an area to sit in of an evening.

The bungalow was well kept, house keeping was amazing even to the point I felt guilty that I would try to make my bed the way our house keeper would before she arrived (she still remade it) sheets all tucked in and presented lovely. I cannot fault the attention to detail. Also to Ashley who helped with the WiFi situation in our room, having family in Mauritius it was easier for me to stay in contact (I’m not usually bothered about WiFi when on holiday but this time I kind of needed it)

The hotel staff in general were lovely and pleasant and were always attentive to our 3 year old daughter. Even in the restaurant they would ensure she had something to eat and if not we could order off the kids menu.

The restaurant is ok, on previous posts people have moaned about the food, I get why, but some nights there are things you just don’t fancy but you’ll always find something to eat. The best night was creole night, I mean where best to eat Mauritian food??!!! Obviously in Mauritius. You should hold them nights more often.

The information given to you about all inclusive could be more detailed. Not all drinks are included in the all inclusive. For example bottled water needs to be paid for but you can drink the bottled water from your mini bar in your room. You were always given filtered water at meal times it didn’t bother us but just for future reference. I specifically wanted an all inclusive hotel, having a fussy 3 year old that doesn’t really eat meals and grazes throughout the day I thought this was the best option to request snacks when required. Unfortunately these are not included in the all inclusive packages. My daughter ate lunch at 12pm and then dinner would be at 7.30pm! The hotel were very good and if I requested her dinner early, they were more than happy to prepare it for her, the only downfall would be that she would still need to stay awake as dinner is not served until 7.30. As a family hotel I do feel that dinner time should be earlier.

Beach towels-there is never any beach towels, or not enough! The hotel just need to invest in more towels and put more into circulation you just don’t have enough for the amount of guests you have. I was fed up asking and being told the same thing, that there were no towels left. I changed our towels once in the 2 weeks we was there.

Overall I can’t complain about this hotel. I would stay here again. The location is great, more so for us as I have family in the north, beach across the road which didn’t bother us walking across the road too. The staff were lovely and I am so going to miss Mauritius...until next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ES174
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear ES174,

We would like to thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at the Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are glad to learn that you were overall satisfied with the servifes provided.

Your all inclusive package is subject to a contractual agreement between the Tour Operator and the hotel within a defined budget to provide specific services. Bottled water as well as snacks do not form part of this package.

As regards dinner, we have a children's menu available at the Restaurant and you can contact one of our supervisors, should you wish your child to dine earlier than 7.30 p.m.

We have taken good note of your comment regarding beach towels and would just like to point out that your stay was during the rainy season, which caused some inconvenience with the towels in circulation.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, at our property.

Best Regards

~ The Management ~

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that i did not like the staff at all.
They are very rude and savage type.
Useless people. I ordered for some shampoos and conditioners after 2hrs i got it. Such waste of time and money as well. Spa was terrible.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank roopy09
Direction11, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear roopy09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are sorry to read your comment and do not understand what really happened during your stay. As we do not have your full name to track your file, we won't be able to investigate further.

We are surprised about your description of our staff and Spa. It is not positive and does not correspond with the usual profile we look for.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and hoped we could have found a solution on site.
Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Very nice hotel. Went there for a day in December 2017 along with the family...had a very good time. Kid's had their corner, ladies went to the aquagymin the pool, guys went to the tennis court...had a very good experience. Food was great as well. Great place to have some photoshoot as well (Will try to upload some random one).

Only drawback was the customer service was not to the highest level. It was one of the hottest days during that time, the sun was like just on top of our head most of the day and everybody was dehydrating. And after the lunch time, We had to spend nearly 1 hour to look for water to drink for the kids and baby.

Otherwise, the experience was very good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kreshna1106

Dear Kreshna1106,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent journey with us at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the hotel services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Best regards from our team.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We stayed in a room overlooking the pond and bridge. The room was lovely. Hotel staff were very friendly and the waiters remembered our drinks orders from one day to the next (Sayon was particularly helpful). 2 good pools. Good entertainment at night time. The food in the restaurant was amazing. Every night there would be a different meat or fish from the grill, 3 different vegetable curries/Dahl with a chef making fresh naan, and always a pasta dish and a soup plus other hot dishes (vegetables, potatoes and another hot meat dish. Plus a salad bar. Red white and rose wine in barrels to help yourself to plus Phoenix beer and soft drinks for self Ser ice. Unfortunately it rained almost everyday but that is not the hotels fault. The only negative was that several times we went to reception to change beach towels and they had none clean.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank pinkladycat
Direction11, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear pinkladycat,

It is a great pleasure to read your comment about your recent stay at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

We are very very delighted to see that you appreciated our services, cuisine and facilties. We hope to see you again in Mauritius for your next holidays, and do not worry, next time the sun will be here :)
Unfortunately you came in January during the cyclone season, we are sorry and hope you will have the opportunity to come back again to see Mauritius under its bright and hot tropical sun.

All the best,
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My girlfriend has experienced a very rude treatment by the boat house team.She was on a one day package and the boat house team was very rude to her and she was not taken care of properly.The boat house team didnt even help her to put her rescue vest.Someone was even bothered since she was on a one day.
I fairly believed that one day package customers need to have equal treatment since they have paid for the service and expect a minimum respect and hospitality.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Florian L

Dear Florian L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Casuarina Resort & Spa.

First of all we would like to apologize on behalf of the Boat House team. Please note that our Boat House is from an outsourced company and we will talk to them about this attitude. We hope that you had the opportunity to share this problem with one of our managers at hotel on the D-Day.

We regret to see that the note represents only the boat house review and not the hotel in a general point of view.

We hope to see you in the near future.
Kind regards