“Good for non Europeans”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

During my trip through US I got to try Olive Garden food for the first time. Being from southern Germany I am used to a very different, close to the original, kind of Italian food.

The service was good, salad and starter tasted fine.

As main course I had a plate with 3 different specialties (see picture). To make it short, I didn't like either of them.
The lasagna was made with ricotta cheese instead of bechamel. The Bolognese in it was just a very thin layer of a strongly seasoned meat paste. The one in the middle (I think fettuccine Alfredo) only tasted like parmesan, nothing else. And the third, a breaded pice of chicken with marinara sauce and cheese on top, maybe would have been fine, if the breading wouldn't have made the entire thing tasted like old burned brad only.

My american boyfriend liked it all and said it's supposed to be like that (he had the same meal), which is why I didn't say anything in the restaurant. Maybe it's just me not being used to this kind of American-Italien food.

Sadly, I can't recommend this restaurant, but I encourage everyone to make their own opinion.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

The noise level was horrible. The waitress was in a hurry and could not wait to get away from our table. She over-charged us by about $17 and the manager had to straighten it out.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We went there for lunch, and the food and servers were very impressive.
The bread sticks were so good as was the salad. The did mix up one order and when
it was brought there their attention they made it right for us. I was very impressed with the whole experience and i am sure we will eat there again next time we visit Watertown.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Food: I had the unlimited soup, breadsticks and salad deal. Just fine.

Atmosphere: pretty standard. The place kind of smelled like humid carpet..

Service: OK but the guy never offered to refill our drinks or unlimited food

Price: just fine

Overall: I would return

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Had a party of 11 and they seated us in a small alcove area that was semi private and had lots of room to move around and enjoy each others conversation. Food was good as usual.