SUN1 O.R. Tambo(Germiston)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$52
  • Bar/Lounge
US$44
Road Lodge Germiston Lake(Germiston)(Great Value!)
US$43
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
6 On Capella Guesthouse(Germiston)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$33
Agoda.com
US$177
All reviewsacross the roadeastgate mallnice hotelroom was largeunlimited wifistar hotelfront desk staffenjoyable stayapartmentkitchenettejohannesburghousekeepingproximity
Reviewed 3 April 2018

First and foremost the room was clean and tidy. Fresh sheets, clean kitchen area and lounge. Location is good, a short drive to the airport.
The restaurant is basic but offers simple meals including 'take away' to your room (drinks too). There's a large mall across the road less than 2minutes walk with plenty of food optiond.

Only downsides the fridge looked a little battered, but was clean. The internet is overpriced compared to the fast and reasonably priced 3G network.

Staff were friendly and check in/out was painless. I was able to arrange a late check out for 1pm at no extra cost which saved me a couple hours waiting at the airport.

Room Tip: The suites offer good size for the price.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Elma2919, Conference Co ordinator at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Jgolby,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

It's always a pleasure to receive positive comments. I have also noted the comment left regarding the internet connection, as well as the fridge.

We are very pleased to hear that we have been able to turn you into one of our loyal Guests at Mercure Bedfordview Hotel.
Thank you for your kind recommendations of our services and facilities and for sharing this with us.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

nice hotel next to eastgate shopping centre will definitely come back and stay there with my family. beautiful reception lady called ashley wish most hotels had such receptionists on call. nice place thanks.

Room Tip: nice patio
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Elma2919, Conference Co ordinator at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Mbhelel,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Should you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards,
Bianca

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night at Mercure Bedfordview.
The location is good. It is close to the airport and one can walk across to the mall in 5 minutes.
The room I was in was old and not very well maintained. The decor is also aged. Cleanliness was not up to Mercure standards.
As such, it offers good value for money, but standards fall short of what one expects from Mercure brand.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Asmjhv
, Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I have noted the comments left. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and trust that this will not deter you from using Mercure Bedfordview in the near future. Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards,
Bianca

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The hotel may seem a bit cheaper than others but there is reason for this. Booking online did not cover an overpriced breakfast with amateurish service. Would not let me put bill in tab. Last time that happened was in Zimbabwe! The restaurant is generally very ordinary so just as well the mall with food court is just across the road.The real dealbreaker is the "free Internet". More like hardly any Internet, struggle to join, keeps losing connection and very slow. Not coming back here ever.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Elma2919, Conference Co ordinator at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Gerald Roos,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear about the poor staff interaction with yourself as well as the breakfast service, Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. It is regrettable that these unfortunate incidents could not have been remedied during your stay. I have escalated this to management to investigate the internet as well as the breakfast situation, they will be in contact with you soonest, I sincerely hope that this will not deter you from using us in the near future, as I would like to personally Welcome you back in order to restore your confidence in service delivery from our staff.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Great location. Very close to Mall so lots of restaurants. Felt very safe. However property needs a refurbishment. Old bathrooms and fittings. Carpet feels dirty. However unlimited wifi is great, bedding and towels etc are clean. Staff are very nice and helpful. As I saw in another review although we had requested no housekeeping staff had come into rooms and removed towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room , it is a bit hit and miss with it being a popular hotel and very busy at weekends.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen A,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

It's always a pleasure to receive positive comments. I have also noted the comment left regarding the bathroom and carpet.