Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$82
Hotels.comUS$82
Expedia.comUS$82
eDreamsUS$82
TravelocityUS$82
Orbitz.comUS$82
FindHotelUS$82
All reviews great coffee espresso room rooftop terrace private bathroom breakfast is served the ground floor the cafe downstairs charming place excellent breakfast welcome drink crepes great place to stay old building comfortable rooms couple of nights stayed one night an oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2021

This hotel is beautiful and in a nice location for exploring Stone Town. It's not right in the middle of the tourist area, but definitely in a place where it's easy to access the seafront, a few nice restaurants, and the local market. It's in a unique, historic building and the space on the roof is downright lovely. Having delicious coffee at breakfast (including cappucinos/lattes!) is a definite highlight.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. The manager and staff were welcoming. That said, though, given the price of my stay, I wish there had been a few additional touches to justify the higher price, especially this stay was meant to be a treat to myself following a difficult life event (this may also have been due to the rooms I stayed in). For example, I think the mattresses could have been of higher quality. There is no turndown service (this is not 100% necessary to me... but given the price and service I received elsewhere in Zanzibar, I was a little surprised it was not included since I thought this was a higher quality hotel). On two occasions, in the later afternoon and evening, I asked the staff it would be possible to have a coffee or a cup of tea, but was told no. I found that surprising given the price of the hotel! I think having a hot water kettle in the room would be a nice touch for guests.

This hotel is a good option for Stone Town, but given the price I wish there had been a few more amenities. I would definitely recommend visiting this hotel for coffee/breakfast/and the view. As other reviewers have stated, I recommend reserving a room with an attached bathroom.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Noreen Cichon, General Manager at Zanzibar Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Erica,
It has been a while since you stayed with us. I remember that we spoke a few times during your stay. After reading your concerns, I wished that we would have been more welcoming, even though we are all going through a challanging time.
You are right! The turndown service is an important service that we take very serious. However, due to staff shortage caused by the current Covid19 pandemic we didn't manage to spray the rooms every evening. I apologize and assure you that we changed back to our regular operations meanwhile including daily turndown service.
Furthermore, I haven taken your request to have a coffee or a cup of tea by heart and decided to provide a kettle and different teas next to our minibar for our in-house guests.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you again one fine day!
Warm regards from Zanzibar,
Noreen & the ZCH team

Reviewed 10 January 2021

Very friendly staf. Great and roomy suite. Very clean and nicely furnished. Will come again. Compliments to Rebecca, Noreen and all the friendly people from the roof-top terrace that made these delicious meals...

Date of stay: January 2021

Dear HP-Basel,
Thanks a lot for your positive review!
We loved hosting you here at Zanzibar Coffee House and hope to welcome you again one fine day.
Meanwhile, Rebecca is back in Switzerland and I'm proudly keeping up her good work.
Warm regards from Zanzibar,
Noreen & the ZCH team

Reviewed 6 December 2020

We have enjoyed 4 wonderful nights at the Zanzibar Coffee House. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the breakfast simply delicious and the coffee superb! The location is perfect for sightseeing Stone Town - the hotel is located in the very center of the old part. Sadly, due to Covid-19 the coffee shop was not open - but this was not a big issue for us. We would like to thanks Rebecca and her staff for making our stay so comfortable and spoiling us with delicious food and coffee.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rebecca Gamma, General Manager at Zanzibar Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2020

Hi Michaela,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything, from the staff over the breakfast to the location. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Zanzibar and that we will see you back one day.

All the best

Reviewed 22 November 2020

Very nice hotel perfectly located in the center in Zanzibar with a gorgeous terrace. The team is super knowledgeable and had the best recommendations. The breakfast is delicious ! The rooms are spacious.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much Marion for this nice review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we could deliver a great experience.

We hope to see you back one day and wish you the best in the mean-time!

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2020

Charming place in the heart of Stone Town. Lovely cafe at the ground floor and amazing breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Friendly staff and easy communication. Spacious, clean rooms decorated with antiques.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rebecca Gamma, General Manager at Zanzibar Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2020

Thank you so much for writing such a great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the meals, rooftop, and staff. We would be delighted to welcome you back one day!

Best regards,