Normally stay at the Seneca Lodge when in Watkins Glen but it was not open so we scoured around looking for an alternative. All about the same price, all about the same setup so we settled on the on nearest to the gas station.
It was clean, neat and ok if not a little pricey. A couple of things that could have made it nicer
1. It is right next to the main road and heavy trucks go up and down all night
2. Owner had the room temp set LOW so even though we where of course able to crank up the heat, everything in the room was cold. The bed, walls, furniture, floor, etc
3. The TV was not really setup for ease of viewing and had too many channels that did not work, no instructions, no channel line up and semi-flat batteries that made it a challenge to use
4. There was essentially no useable desk, so trying to do any sort of work was not really possible
5. Probably the biggest cripe was absolutely nowhere to plug in chargers for cell phones, etc. We ended up having to pull out the fridge and the bed to find anything.
Overall not bad, but could have been a lot better with a couple of little adds/tweeks.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking