“The perfect snorkeling outing for kids!”

Discovery Snorkeling and Glassbottom Cruise
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This tour isn't that widely known as they don't have pushy tactics, pamphlets, and tents on the beach but it's a hidden gem in Aruba!

We had the entire Glass Bottom boat to ourselves which was awesome. The Captain and Yoidel were accommodating to our needs with small kids. The shipwreck and coral spotting thru the glass were neat but the snorkeling was really what this trip is all about. While not the best snorkeling by any means, it's perfect for families with kids and beginners. No pressure, no boat traffic, and all the necessary gear was onboard. This was an excellent quick trip out to sea without the sea sickness from choppiness we've heard about on other tours. A relaxing good time without crowds or club music.

2  Thank smallgzzz
"stops"
"aruba"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Our third year in a row on this cruise. Our 7 year old loves it and this time she actually went snorkeling. The Captain and his first mate are wonderfully helpful. Nice drinks and information about what we are seeing.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Went on the Discovery glass bottom boat last friday April 21st and were the only ones on board for the tour that day. They had another group that cancelled on them. We had the boat to ourselves. We went with 3 kids ages 3,6 and 12 and it was perfect. We did 3 stops Antilla Wreck, Arashi Reef, Boca catalina where we also snorkeled (the 6yr old learned to snorkel few days before and our 3yr old rode on my back in the water and loved that). Kids loved it when I dove down under the boat and waved at them through glass when we were anchored at Boca Catalina. We had left over bread with us and fed the fish and there were hundreds under the boat. At Antilla we could see the wreck really clearly, awesome! Saw scuba divers diving the wreck, lots of starfish and 2 turtles. I think they normally don't open up the covers that are over the glass bottom when they are on their way from the pier to the reef - as those covers are also the seating area and you don't see much anyways when it goes full speed from the pier to the first site - but we asked if they could and they were happy to comply. We did see 2 turtles when we were on our way back from wreck to pier. We had a great time and can recommend the tour.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

First of all - the nice young men at the Discovery tent on the beach were super helpful in making sure we had all sorts of interesting things to do while in Aruba. They were honest about the weather not being good for a boat ride - too choppy - and they also found us the best prices.
The glass bottom boat was a perfect trip. The Captain was Huber and Yoidel was crew - they helped those who needed it to get ready to snorkel, passed out refreshments, and told the story of the WWII wreck on the bottom. My shoulders weren't up to swimming, but I love to be out on the water - so while others on the boat snorkeled at two spots I watched the action under the boat - it was really neat! All sorts of colorful fishes and the amazing sunken cargo ship. I think it would be something kids would like - I sure enjoyed it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We decided to go on Discovery Glassbottom boat and snorkel because the kids did not want to do a 4hr tour and none of us wanted to snorkel the Antilla due to the stronger current there. This trip is 2 hrs long which was perfect. We snorkeled at Boca Catalina for approx 1/2hr. We also sailed over the Antilla and was able to see the wreck from above .and Arashi reef. It was interesting to see. The captain and mate were not overly friendly . Also the captain did have a drink or two on our cruise which was at 11 am . I was not very happy about that. I'm not sure I would do this excursion again