“Good spot for affordable food and snacks”
Review of Jack's Cafe

Jack's Cafe
Ranked #25 of 61 Restaurants in Noord
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This cafe is inside the Super Food grocery store. The serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have seen daily specials listed on the menu but have only tried their “pastechi”. Probably some of the best pastechi in the Island, and for 3 Florins, comes to about $1,35 or so a piece. The crispy dough and the Swiss cheese that melts inside make a superb combination. You can find cheaper pastechi at Ritz, but these are better IMO.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Jack's is in one of the nicest supermarkets on the island. Cafeteria style and am excellent to-go menu also. Very reasonable prices but anything but normal cafeteria food.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We are frequent visitors to Aruba, where we stay at the Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach. We usually eat breakfast and one other meal in our room, and for many years food and beverage shopping was a challenge. We were delighted, therefore, when the new Super Food store went up just a 15-minute walk away. But we had never paid much attention to the café at the front of the market: our mistake! This time we stopped on our first morning shopping run and checked it out: good decision! There is a wide selection of breakfast choices. We had the “Omelet Special”, a substantial serving of ham, cheese, tomato, & mushroom: truly one of the best omelets I have had. We had to wait at our table for a few minutes while the omelet was being prepared, but that guaranteed its freshness. The omelets, with a small tasty scoop of chicken salad on the side, were delivered to our table by one of the friendly staff. For pre-prepared items the service is cafeteria style, and you obtain your coffee at another station. The coffee was quite flavorful. Prices are reasonable. I am sure that our next first-day breakfast on Aruba will be at Jack’s Café.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped for a quick snack. While it is inside a busy grocery store the food was pretty good and affordable.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

It's a cafeteria situated at the front of Super Food Plaza supermarket on LG Smith Blvd, / route 1. Plenty of tables. It features a variety of food menus, from burgers and fries to sandwiches, from pastechi to nasi goreng (Indonesian fried rice)*, from soups and salads, and various snacks and desserts. *The nasi goreng wasn't available at the time I was there.

Convenient. I was glad to have found something to eat within the supermarket, as it saved me some time that afternoon for other things.

The burgers and fries were decent. Better than those offered at chain fast-food places. I liked that the burger meat came somewhat spicy, which I took as local Aruban flavor. The fries were suitably fresh, hot, and crispy.

The service was surprisingly accommodating for a quick-service joint-the lunch counter lady actually brought our food to our table.

Considering I wasn't expecting much of anything, thumbs up! I might go there again on another grocery shopping trip.