Auberge de la Commanderie(Saint-Emilion)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$107
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$69
La Petite Madeleine(Saint-Emilion)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$561
US$545
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
All reviewskids clubshuttle busgreat sitepaddle boatsallocated pitchtouring caravanpeaceful sitefree facilitieslovely areagood sizevineyard tourswimming poolstayed here for nightslocal winebreadcampsitepitches
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We had a reservation here during the Euros, so between that and the unusual incredibly wet weather, I appreciate the circumstances were not 'normal'. The pitches were a decent size, but although some had hard ground to park the campervan on, and some grass, mostly they were just grass, so they got completely boggy and water-logged. I felt so sorry for the people in tents. Even though I had made the reservation months beforehand, we were given a wet and muddy pitch. By the time we had settled in and done our best to get sorted, the reception had closed and the new night security man, although very nice, couldn't do anything to help us, except send us looking at the (very few) free pitches to see if there was one we wanted. There wasn't. So we decided to make the best of it - and went looking for something we could put on the ground to stand on, a pallet, or a tarpaulin or something. Nothing around. It was very busy with football fans, but in fairness I didn't find it too noisy at night, maybe because we were parked near the back - the area around the bar might have been noisier. I also thought they managed to keep the toilets and showers really well, considering the numbers of people using them, (and the state of some of them ...). I didn't use the bar, or the restaurant, so I can't comment on those. The shop was well stocked, better than many others I saw over the summer, and I found the staff very nice and helpful. The lack of wifi available on the pitches was disappointing, although you can get 30mins free if you buy something at the bar or restaurant. My other half and I like to walk, but the main road into St Emilion is way too dangerous - if you're interested in a brisk 30min (ish) walk in and out of the lovely town, ask at the reception for the very simple directions on the quiet road. Made all the difference not having to drive in and out. St Emilion isn't a great town for campervans. All in all I thought it was ok, and probably much better without the football fans, pool looked nice. Expensive by comparison to other sites, and demanding full payment up front before arrival was unusual I thought, but I'm not experienced with camping sites.

Room Tip: If you're in a campervan, ask for a pitch with some hard ground.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 120Dee78
Yelloh-Saint-Emilion, Directeur général at Yelloh! Village Saint Emilion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear "120Dee78"

Many thanks for sharing your experience and being so objectiv about your stay.
I am glad we "did the job" but hope we see you another time to make more than the job, with much more sun :-)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Me and a few friends arrived here last Tuesday 21/6/16 in our Campervans. We were only staying one night as an overnight stop as we had a big drive to Lille ahead of us. Upon arrival we were told the gates would be locked at 10pm and would not open till 7am. We asked could the doors open at 6 as we had such a long drive ahead of us. The staff were unbelievably unhelpful and told us that they would not open before 7. We then asked what they would like us to do and were told to park outside the campsite for the night!!!!!!

We then had to drive into Bordeaux City and asked the staff is there a carpark for Campervans in the City. They sent us to the totally wrong location and were left high and dry in the middle of the city.

We could not stay for the night as we needed to leave earlier than 7 so asked for a refund but were told that they don't refund.

The most unhelpful unpleasant people I have had to deal with and would strongly recommend avoiding this place.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hi,
I understand your disappointment and be sorry we could not respond to your individual wishes. As a collective accommodation, we have to set up rules and to respect them, traffic time regulation is important to respect other's sleep. I regret you did not read this information from the 'practical information' email sent to you a couple of weeks before you arrived. At that time, we should have seen what was possible with your reservation.

Concerning you being lost into Bordeaux centre with your camper, I confirm it must have been terrible, we do explain how to go to 'La Buttinière' tram-station in Lormont to a lot of people, and they all get there, I am sorry we have not been that clear with you.

The all team at reception is doing his best to be friendly and to provide as much and as right information as possible, I am sure they will redouble their efforts to be even more precise.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

3 nights in cabin Balthazar. Sufficient, what one can expect. Location of the campsite is great, surrounded by wine fields. Campsite is also nice.

Negative point is that there is no free wifi, not even at the reception. Haven't seen that in a while...
Our visit was during the european championship footbal. So a lot of supporters were also camping there, which resulted in a very nice (but a-typical) atmosphere. Alas, we had no idea what the night steward was doing, since it wasn't very quiet at night.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Yelloh-Saint-Emilion, Directeur général at Yelloh! Village Saint Emilion, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Goede Dag Robbert S,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I think you find the perfect words to describe the 'Bordeaux football games' week : A-TYPICAL; and noisy but thanks to the night watchers no fight no damage nothing bad.

About wifi, there is a Hotspot on the bar terace where you can get 30 minutes connexion if you buy a drink, a coffee, an ice cream... even if you get something from the shop.

Thank you for visiting our village, we look forward to see you again on another occasion.

Tot ziens,

Gaelle P. Campsite Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Currently this site is full of wild football fans. Drinking, singing, chanting and music through the day and night. There is no control by the management, no security, the toilets are disgusting.
Other camps a few days before and after are all fine.
Stay away, it is out of control there.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Yelloh-Saint-Emilion, Directeur général at Yelloh! Village Saint Emilion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Paul C.
I read your comment carefully, and I am sorry you had such a bad experience.
The whole staff is working very hard to provide the best service and the best organisation to our guest, and to manage the inflow of tourists . If you look at all reviews posted on Tripadvisor, Google or YelloH ! Village satisfaction survey system ; you can realize how involved we all are.
I deeply regret you did not get the opportunity to see it.
With very best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We had a great stay on this site. Yes Leni at reception is a great member of staff very helpful. Grass is quite long on the pitches but all the previous rain then sunshine is a great combo to speed up its growth. I agree trees can be too overhanging and overgrown on some areas a good trim may be in order. Our early June stay didn't see any mosquitos but I'm always prepared with everything you might need to repel the troublesome things, coils,sprays,pug in etc; not one bite over 5 days. The toilet block spotless all staff we met very pleasant and helpful. We loved the location near to beautiful Saint-Emilion and will be back loved the total stay so much. See stay at Yelloh Village Talmont-St-Hilaire this wasn't up to the brilliant standard of Yelloh St-Emilion.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Yelloh-Saint-Emilion, Directeur général at Yelloh! Village Saint Emilion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear Atina,
thanks for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcome you back in our campsite!
Best regards

Gaelle P. - Campsite Manager

PS : sun is back so we are back on the Lawn tractor :-)