US$251
Konstantinos Apartments(Agia Efimia)(Great Value!)
US$60
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Fotini Apartments(Agia Efimia)
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewbeautiful gardencomfortable seatingkept spotlessly cleanrestaurants and shopsfantastic viewsthe ground floorfridgeharbourbalconyaccommodationagiasupermarketvillagekefaloniabeachesstudio
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed for a week booking a few months ago via teletext. Had a top floor harbour facing room. View was great, caught sun in morning and was cool on our return late afternoon. Room is no different to many we have experienced in Greek islands and better in the fact that a kettle was included in the kitchen. 2 cooking rings is standad in all greek apartments I have been in. All necessary items provided. The ceiling fan was broken in our room but we provided with a stand alone one instead. Bathroom small but water fairly hot on most occaisions. The garden is divided into 2 parts apparently because there are 2 owners, don't know if this is correct. Apartments cleaned each day, towels changed every couple of days. Access to sea from garden is slippery but next door have steps in which is much more sensible. Makis over road has a nice pool and bar area to spend the day in. To Parasmo in the village is a great taverna with superb food. Lots of yachts visiting most days, not much late night activity which suited us fine.All in all, great if you get a sea facing apartment, not such a good view if you don't but the garden more than compensates for that.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Just got back from three weeks at Waterside in a garden studio. The secret with this accommodation is to book direct and not through a tour operator - I won't go into the reasons why as it's complicated, but in the time we were there everyone who booked direct was happy.
The location is perfect both for enjoying the resort but also for touring Kefalonia.
The room is the usual greek which is basic by some standards but absolutely fine - clean, well equipped and with good shower etc. It is cleaned daily and anything we needed was provided as soon as we asked.

The garden is exceptional with fabulous views over the resort, wonderful setting and more flowers than it's possible to imagine! Beautiful.

The location is quiet...there is a road behind the accommodation but it's the road that runs through the resort so most properties are on it. The difference with this property is that it is on the shore side of the road, whilst most of the accommodation is on the other side of the road to the sea. You can swim from the garden if you want...it's not a beach, but it's easy to get in and out and the water is wonderful. There are lots of other beaches close by if you prefer including Myrtos which is only a few kilometers.

The family are kind and generous and I can't fault the help before we arrived and during our stay so thanks to all. It really delivered more than we expected

Don't hesitate to book direct with the Waterside.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My husband and I have enjoyed three holidays at this family run apartment block, two with a tour operator, and one arranged independently. The family is friendly, welcoming and helpful. Hubby wanted access to intranet, although the village has free wi-fi he had some difficulty finding a signal, the family gave us access to their network connection, great for hubby needing access to the all important world cup footie information.
W e have had rooms both on the road side of the building and those overlooking the sea. Whichever side we have been on we have enjoyed out time here. Although there is regular traffic on the road, it is not constant. My husband and I had no problems sleeping in rooms that are on the side of the road.
The sea view rooms have the most fantastic views, but if you don’t have a sea view, there are gardens that overlook the sea. This year, we had a family holiday with my mum, sister and their partners. We spent many days in the gardens , eating breakfast, recovering from swimming in the wonderful bay and reading. A couple of times we took drinks into the garden and enjoyed the balmy Mediterranean evenings. It was wonderful! All of my family were more than happy with the apartments.
There are steps to go directly into the sea, but , as I have a penchant for falling I tend to use the small beach a three minute walk up from the apartments. However, I did see a man with only one leg managing very well to get into the sea and enjoy a swim – and my hubby who had a hip replacement last year also had no problem.
The rooms are basic, but functional, with a two ring hob, small fridge. Rooms are clean, and are cleaned daily , and towels and sheets changed on alternate days. Air conditioning is 5 euros extra, but well worth it. The bathrooms have great showers with good water pressure and temperature. All rooms have a balcony area with table and chairs for breakfast. There is also off road parking available if you hire a care. There is somewhere to hang out any washing/swimming stuff.
My husband and I have had holidays all over the world, but there is something special about aghia efimia and we love the waterside apartments and the family who run them.
Our thanks go to Teresa, Vangelis and Toynya( not sure if this is the right spelling?!?) who made our stay a happy one!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dpandagirl
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Apartments are in a great location both for local amenities and for other places in Kefalonia. The rooms were fairly basic but a decent size. Bathroom facilities were good with a powerful, hot shower. The only thing lacking are the cooking facilities. We ate out every night as there is a fridge and a kettle, a tiny hob and nowhere to prepare food. We were lucky to have a room at the back with an amazing view from the balcony of the sea and the island of Ithaca. The garden is very pleasant and the owners are really friendly. There is also a great swimming pool right opposite which guests can use. Would definitely stay at Waterside again but would always request a room at the back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I have wrote to Thomas Cook about Waterside (Manny Fontenla-Novoa,
Group Chief Executive Officer ) .... Sadly Waterside could be Great ! but the Two brothers who look-after the Maintanace are Very Old & in Poor Healh .
We were the first Guests in room 7 , & it was Dirty , Small , Fridge Very Noisey , No way to Lock the DOOR at Night !! .... Electric Socket over BED , 1940 Toilet/washbasin ... Sidelamps Walking !!! " See " Photos .
No Where to prepare Food ....No Room to DO-Anything .... ok its Greece but come on Clean the SINK ....Clean under Sink in Room .... Buy a New Fridge ,it was Very Noisey ALLDAY & Night . The DOOR Banging at night in the Wind .
Look & Photos about SEA access !!!! You need to be a Mountain Goat to GET to Water ! ( next Door Property has Great Wooden Platform with Steps ... but be Very Very Careful climping over ROCKS !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ! )
Now its more like 10/15 mins to Harbour & no Shops / Supermarkets were CLOSED between 3pm & 5 :30pm EVERY day ! come ON open up Agia Efimia we need Water, Milk ,Shopping when we Arrive !!!!
Good Car Hire from Nikos Car Hire back street near Harbour !
Some very very nice GREEK Tavernas ..... Did 422 kilometers round Kefalonia , Skala ,Best for Drinking & night life .... ! Some Great Beaches .
Stavros Sorry i have had TO write this Revue as i SEE it & Your family ARE very nice But its time YOU took over & gave them a Rest and Updated what could be a Lovely Place .
Sea Views & Garden are GREAT !
PS ... Makis over road was CLOSED & HE WOULD NOT LET anybody use HIS POOL !

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bk04dav
Stavi73, Owner at Waterside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear bk04dav,

At first I want to apologise that it took so long to reply to you but I always found it hard due to your personal comments about my father’s health and how I should give him a well deserved rest.
I am not going to reply to you regarding your comments of the rooms as you did not stayed at my father’s apartments but my uncle’s (now adverstised as Ballas apartments). Photos of our rooms are in our website and on booking.com
But I want to assure that I always took best care of my father Vangelis and he never had to do more than what he wished as he always till his end enjoyed managing his business. We always hired maids for the rooms and my father enjoyed sculpturing stones below his beloved olive tree and taking care of his pride, his garden. When you visited he was ill with terminal cancer and passed away the year after so he never done any hard labour so you obviously comfuse my father with someone else.
Unfortunately I am not in power to change the local trading laws and Greek customs to have the shops open for you on Sunday neither I can break Greek laws about coast lines regulations to make it more accessible but I can refer you to one of our disabled customers who could use the steps provided without been a goat( he has also replied himself to your comment).
As I said I am not going to reply on behalf of my uncle for his room but it is sad that you never raised any concerns to him during your stay as he was a very hard working person who despite his age would have done anything he could to resolve some of these issues.
Finally I am sure you understand how upsetting your personal comments have been as you addressed me personally in your comments without seeking to find out who my father was and if I am taking care of him and to be honest this should not have anything to do with you as a guest in a review website.
We Greeks are proud people and family is the most sacred value we hold so maybe in your next visits abroad to considers people’s local beliefs and customs
Sincerely