“Original and delicious!”

A Ultramar
Ranked #24 of 377 Restaurants in Pontevedra
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We wish we had the opportunity to sample more dishes, but the 8 hour slow roasted tomatoes, sashimi of celeriac and goyuzu filled with prawn and leek provided a superb lunch.
We are surprised at some of the negative comments as the food was excellent and we can thoroughly recommend it.
The bottom line is that the beer - Estrella Galicia - is excellent as is the wine and they have the best complimentary crisps in town. Try it!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

This is my 3rd review of this place and I continue to be unimpressed. (I go because that's where my invitee wants to go). Today we ate on the terrace - where the already high-ish prices are 10% higher - and, again, I had to go inside to ensure we got drinks. The bill came with an item we'd never had. This was naturally deleted, amidst almost profuse apologies but this rarely happens and shouldn't have happened here. But at least the stir-fried chicken in Hoisin sauce was good, like last time. Against that, the Rosco of roast pork was a miss for me. Even if it does come with string tied with a bow on the top of it.

I agree wholeheartedly with an earlier comment that there are better places to eat in Pontevedra for the money.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Interior is lovely but the food was disappointing for the price, especially when there are so many other places in Pontevedra (in particular the main dish's which are advertised (and priced!) for two people).

Reviewed 11 July 2016

we were fortunate to have a personal shopping experience at the seafood market around the corner with Chef Xosè.What was purchased in a matter of hours became our lunch.He was such a genuine and humble man.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We had Ceviche, beef tartar, omelette, and muse with raspberries . All food is great. I will come back. Place looks really nice, modern and organised.