All reviews private deck fresh fruit platter bed and breakfast beautiful breakfast relaxing and enjoyable stay home baked cookies little extras wonderful hosts million miles australian bush natural bush stayed for two nights enjoyed our stay room was large short drive lounge area fran
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Stayed for the long weekend. Wanted somewhere central, quiet, and relaxing around Yallingup. The host ( Fran and Ken) were friendly and gave us enough space to enjoy the weekend. They were always ready to help.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our B&B. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and don't forget our repeat guests are given a discounted rate or btl of local wine.
If there's anything you felt could be improved upon we are always happy to receive constructive criticism.

Hope to see you again I the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Im only writing this review as I received an email from Fran asking us to like them on Facebook etc... We spent a few days over the Xmas break at Seclusions, but felt it definitely was overpriced for a "Luxurious B & B". The setting was lovely and the hosts were friendly and gave us some useful info when travelling around, however on the nights we went out for just a few hours, we came back to find that someone had entered our room and turned off the aircon and lights.

We found this to be totally unacceptable. Considering the price we paid, I would have thought that once the key is given to you, then the only time someone would enter the room would be to clean it in the morning.

It was quite a warm evening and we wanted the room to be cool when we came back. The light was left on, so we could see as we entered the room, so no-one would fall over! Unfortunately we also felt that the linen was not crisp and clean.

In my travels I have stayed at many B & B's and this is not one that we would re-visit.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank CEZANNE89
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I must say I was also "Shocked" to read your review as nothing was said to us when you were here. I would like to respond to your comments.

Yes, we do enter the rooms in the evening and this was mentioned to you when I showed you the facilities on check-in. As explained previously (which you obviously failed to take notice of), we do this to dry the towels used so you have a clean dry towel for the morning, close the blinds and we turn the lamp on so you can see your way in, and empty the bins if required. I don't see the need to have all the lights on in the room especially when the room is vacant!! The air cond will turn itself off and is on a timer to conserve energy. I think, in fact, it wasn't that hot when you stayed. If you didn't want us to service the room in the evening you should have mentioned it.

As regards to 'crisp' linen - we use an outside linen service who services all the hotels and B&Bs in the area. I don't understand why you felt they weren't crisp unless you had the striped white sheets on your bed which were actually 'Dress" sheets and more expensive - these are a much softer cotton. They were fresh on your bed on check-in and we don't change sheets unless you are there for longer than 3 nights.

In regards to your comment on pricing - you seem to forget this was XMAS period, and as such all prices are higher. Would you work on Xmas day etc for the same rates?? And if you had booked through US and not through an external booking channel, it would have been cheaper. However, we are a quality B&B - what other B&B have you stayed at that offers an a la cart breakfast including smoked salmon, Eggs Benedict, homemade Bircher Muelsi?? And Lindt chocolates every night along with complimentary port in the evening? We are NOT a run-of-the-mill B&B and our prices reflect this. You knew what the rice was before you booked so you had a choice of paying our price or finding somewhere cheaper.

We are truly sorry you were not happy with your stay for various reasons. If you had mentioned it whilst here we could have compensated you. Or at least if you told us you preferred to NOT have a turn-down service then we would not have entered your room.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

Stayed for 2 nights in January. Don't usually stay in B&B but this was different. Very private. Lovely room and deck. So peaceful. Fran and Ken are a great couple, really friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are great. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Karen T

Thank you for posting your review here. I know how hard it is to remember to do these things when you are travelling so we really appreciate it.

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure chatting to you about various things. I'm happy you enjoyed my breakfasts too, and that we could assist you by recommending various places to see things and local restaurants.

Reviewed 17 January 2015

We spent 2 nights at Seclusions during our wedding weekend. It was lovely. Good breakfast choices and Fran and Ken were very helpful and friendly. The location was beautiful-set right in the bush and very private. Rooms were very comfortable with a nice shower looking out into the bush. Would stay here again for a relaxing stay in Yallingup.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms to choose from-we stayed in the Bali room. It was lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Seclusions for your wedding. I know how busy weddings are and I'm sure you had a lot on your mind but I am sure you appreciated the extra lengths we go to for wedding couples - the bed strewn with rose petals and the complimentary sml btl sparkling wine.

We hope you left us with very fond memories of your wedding accommodation. We wish you well in your future together as husband and wife and look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

Thanks for accommodating us on such short notice! The room was lovely and had it's own deck. Surrounds were so peaceful. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the breakfast was delicious, enough to feed a small army! look forward to staying again on our next visit south.

• Stayed: January 2015

Thanks for bothering to write a review especially after such a short stay. I must admit it was a bit of a surprise to find you on my doorstep when I wasn't expecting you but I thank you for being patient whilst we quickly finished off the room for you. I'm glad you enjoyed your brief stay at our B&B and that you enjoyed our breakfasts. We hope to see you again soon.