“Road stop”
Review of The Galley

The Galley
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Westport
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We were traveling to New York City and stopped here for lunch. Service was slow and they mixed up our order. Food was not great but the view was beautiful. Sat by the lake and enjoyed our Coca Cola, the rest was not too good. Stop if you are thirsty

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Looking for a quick bite, we located this place on google maps. a table for two on the water...great. Moderately priced food items with diversity...great. The servers were nice enough, but the food prep took forever for a Cobb salad and the house "specialty"...Gyoza...wontons wrapped around pork, then fried beyond what you would expect. They were unedible. It was hard to believe that they could bring it to the table as acceptable. Unless this was the only place open in Westport, and we were super hungry, I would not return here.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The main reason to eat here is for the lake view.

We had a slight odour of manure or septic wafting around us. Not sure if it was the nearby campground or docked boats.

Our appetizers were good: shrimp and mozzarella/tomato plate.

Our waiter was young and inexperienced. Nice enough, but didn't pour wine for us. Just brought the wine bottle to us. Didn't open it. Just brought it to the table. My brother ordered ahi tuna. He said it had too many dressings on it and the flavour wasn't very good. I had haddock with a ritz cracker breading. It was okay-kind of strange to get that sort of dish at a restaurant though. The entrees seem overpriced for what you got.

I won't be rushing back to this restaurant, but if my family wants to go again next year I won't necessarily say no.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant has great views. One waitress is awesome, the rest seem to be kids who could care less if they have a customer or not. They're too busy on their phones and gossiping to wait tables. I would have given this restaurant a bad review had it not been for the ONE waitress who was really awesome. She was friendly, helpful and quick. The food is good, not great but pretty good. You can't beat the views and the accessibility. We docked our boat right in front of the window where we were seated.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We made a stop at that place merely due to a GPS recommendation. The food was bad. Clam chowder tasted like canned soup you by for a buck in a grocery store.
Before I visited this place I was sure it's hard to mess up a burger. This guys did... came out tasteless on a cold bun.
The service was ok, but the server could have mentioned all extra charges that apply to the stuff she recommended to us.
Worst $50 dollar meal ever.

Been to The Galley? Share your experiences!