Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown(White Plains)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$151
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

HYATT house White Plains(White Plains)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$87
US$123
US$119
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

There aren't many inexpensive options if you want to stay in the White Plains area; this is one.

The parking is onsite, very convenient. At reception you are buzzed in to a tiny cubicle where you check in through bullet-proof glass, a bit disconcerting, that.

My room was upstairs and very clean, all the way to the corners of the closet. Lovely Manhattan style bathroom tile and old-fashioned (but new) taps on the sink. Comfortable enough bed, flat screen TV. No phone in the room. Mini fridge with bottled water provided and replenished. Mini coffee maker.

Quiet room with the white noise of the AC running. Hideous red fake satin and black lace curtains. Heard some commotion, banging and yelling, about 5 in the morning. I just made sure my deadbolt was on and turned over.

I chose this in part because they listed coffee as one of the amenities. I like to wake up and have my coffee before I go out. I could deal with no breakfast offered as long as coffee was available. I spotted the mini-coffee maker when I checked in and thought no more about it.

Until the next morning, when, upon closer examination, I found two tea bags and two packets of Sanka. Sanka, as in decaf. Sanka is not coffee, it is decaffeinated coffee. Thinking there was an oversight, I went to "reception" and buzzed. No answer. Buzzed again. After about five minutes someone appeared and let me in. I explained the coffee was absent from my room. She told me it's next to the coffee maker. I told her that the only things there were tea and decaf. She shrugged. "Well, that's what we have."

I was furious. You don't want to deny me promised coffee in the morning. That afternoon I ran across a maid, and asked her if she had coffee. She also thought that the Sanka was "coffee."

This is such a simple amenity, and it was promised in their advertising. The absence of coffee makes a huge difference in my morning, and I'm not alone. Americans, in general, expect coffee.

I was going to try to get a partial refund, even twenty bucks or something, but I was dealing with a family emergency and didn't have time for the argument.

In short, this is an economical and clean choice, but next time I'll upgrade to better lodging.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2017

There is not heat in any of the rooms. Apparently they have a shared heat system and with the rooms all sold out due to a winter storm there is no heat. The night manager was rude and argumentative and refused to refund any of our money. There was no other place for us to go due to the snow storm.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We found this motel comfortable. It was clean and ok. The staff were friendly and they help us to go about.
We used this motel as a way of getting into new york as the train station is only a short taxi ride away
The one thing we could have done with is comfortable chairs to sit on.
But over all a good stop on our trip

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Went back to New York last December and stayed at the Central Motel Courtyard again. This motel is located at the heart of central avenue, very near to all the shopping arcades and Restaurants. The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated. Free Wi Fi is available on the premises. Rooms have tea / coffee, fridge, microwave etc. Perfect for a quick snack before heading out for a busy day. Washrooms are also equipped with basic toiletries and even a hair dryer. I always stay at this motel when in New York as it is affordable, comfortable and conveniently located.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I stayed here for an evening, and the trip was somewhat last-minute and everything near my first appointment in Brooklyn was astronomically expensive and I had friends in the area. I arrived and was undaunted- went to check in (he was behind bullet-proof glass) and was given an actual key, which was kind of fun and old-timey.

I'll preface this by saying I am not prone to feeling unsafe in hotels, but this one was one for the books.

The room was spartan and fairly clean. The windows looked onto the street- given that there was a row of hedges a foot away from the glass and the window lock was broken, I literally rigged up a booby trap in case someone came in that way. I also wedged the desk chair behind the door, and lined the bathroom windowsill with things that would make noises if they fell. Seeing that written out looks paranoid and over-the-top, but I assure you, standing in that room, it seemed like the only course of action.

Perhaps anticlimactically, I survived the night. There was "coffee in room" as advertised- little packets of Sanka. This was the last straw.

Overall, I would gladly pay hundreds more per night to not stay there again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business