Beautiful, on the outside, with lo lovely grounds and a view of Whiteface Mountain, an Olympic ski venue. Inside, adequate, with signs they are really trying to update this aging motel.
Unable to use their WiFi, and there seemed to be no hot water in the morning. A large relay race that weekend may have explained both problems, as heavy usage could have overwhelmed both.
Very nice people operating Ledgerock, and it is just far enough away from Lake Placid to moderate the price, as well as giving a more rustic Adirondack feel. It's not a Hilton, but I would consider staying there again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ledge Rock at Whiteface Mountain is THE closest lodging to Whiteface Olympic Ski Mountain! You can literally walk to the lifts! Awake in your room and open the curtains for an unmatched view of skiers coming down the mountain, something that no lodging in Lake Placid can offer. Enjoy world-class skiing and fly-fishing in addition to all of the other activities that make Wilmington, NY the Outdoor Adventure Capital of the World! Visit the Olympic Village, take a raft ride down the Ausable Chasm, and connect with nature at The Wild Center or Adirondack Wildlife Refuge. With so many activities in the area and our unrivaled hospitality it's no wonder so many return to Ledge Rock year after year. Book your Adirondack Adventure today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ledge Rock at Whiteface Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledge Rock At Whiteface Hotel Wilmington
- Ledge Rock At Whiteface Wilmington