Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the owner gift shop microwave popcorn home away from home fire pit lake placid area plenty of hot water great host beds were comfortable al marine motel adirondacks stories dog workshop lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a four day stay recently. This is a very nice property. We enjoyed our chats with Al and found him to be a great host. He went out of his way to make sure our time there was enjoyable, even giving me a Korean War hat for my Father when he found out he was a vet. Thanks again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Sorry I didn't see this earlier!!!
Thank you for the wondeful review!
Did your Dad like his cap?
Send me a picture.
Please call and come back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this place after done a lot of research online to find something well located, nice, clean, affordable and with good reviews. We are very satisfied of our stay as everything was exactly as seen and read. The owner and the staffs are indeed really nice, welcoming and very helping with everything. We enjoy our stay and definitely recommend it! :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Excursion166219
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review!!!
We're not perfect but we try.
I wish I knew who sent this! :)

Reviewed 30 August 2018

If you want the real experience for Ironman Lake Placid then this is the place to come. Me and my dad travelled over from Wales, UK. We had the best time. Comfiest beds, essential for myself on race week!! cleanliness was through the roof! Awesome selection for breakfast and hospitality I am yet to find competition with in all of the destinations and hotels and motels I have stayed in even with my seven years of airline industry experience.

I can't compliment this place enough and both my dad and I both agree that staying at the mountain Brooke lodge made the whole experience for us at Ironman Lake Placid. Don't hesitate to book, and fraction of the price to Lake Placid itself and ten minutes your in town but so nice to come away and escape the bedlam.

Hey Al, so sorry for not ever writing a review, finally signed up and had to leave one! Dad says he hopes his five pound note is on the wall. He still had your clothes you leant us to clean the bikes as souvenirs

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the belated wonderful review!!!
When are you coming back?
Please call me soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Thank you Al for making our stay as pleasant and comfortable as being in our own home. Our room goes with out saying clean and tidy with many special touches. Thank you to outstanding staff. Your hospitality goes beyond measures from great conversation, making things a pleasure for our grandson. Love the fact that you are so child oriented from the riding toys to the pool supplies not to mention young boys best friend Bam Bam. Our accommodations where great. Really enjoyed the time around the camp fire. This will become our new place to venture and stay with family and friends. Had a memorable time and looking forward to the next one.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the fabulous review!!!
It was great having you here!
Please call and come back soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I’m sure Al will discredit me as soon as he gets a chance. It almost makes me not want to write a review but people should know. If you have a problem, such as chipmunk and/ or mouse poop in your room and in the breakfast room, he will blame it on the Adirondacks and on his manager not keeping up. He’s very unprofessional when there is an issue. Would not recommend this place- lots of other hotels with nice pools and no rodents. The pictures are the proof.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Al A, Owner at Mountain Brook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Ms. Suacllivan,
I tried very hard to accommodate you.
I'm not going to go in all of the details.
However, I have several emails from you.
Yes, you had very unusual circumstances and I profusely apologize and corrective action has been taken.
This has been a very rough year with rodent control because of the bad weather.
Remember how you raved about the cleanliness of the pool with the 10 children you had with you?
The health department gave us a great report on our cleanliness.
Remember the 40 snacks I gave the kids and they ate them all?
Remember how you said that the other 2 couples staying with you weren't happy with you?
Then I get the glowing post card from your brother-in-law.
Josh raved about us!!!
I wish I could attach them here.
If anyone wants to see a picture of it, please e-mail me at albear@msn.com.
Funny, when I sent the post card to you, correspondence from you ceased.
I read your other reviews.
You made negative comments on any place you visited.
Please look at the reviews sent to us from others.
We aren't perfect but we are always trying.
Again, sorry about your experience.