“Good but Not Amazing”
Review of Cucina

Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I've only had brunch here. It was good, but certainly not extraordinary. The staff was a bit young and inexperienced and could have been nicer, but not a big deal. For such a supposedly-upscale restaurant, they are very focused on the turn-and-burn mentality--we definitely felt rushed throughout the meal. Overall, it was fine and the food was good. It won't knock your socks off, though.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I wasn't expecting the inside from looking at the outside. The outside is nice and all but the inside is perfect. Very relaxing and simple. I felt very comfortable there. Our waitress was excellent all around and the food we had was some of the best we've had. I recommend the beef meatballs and the bolognese. But will certainly be back to try more.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We reserved this place (sight unseen) for a 100th birthday party / family gathering. We'd heard the food was good, but when we arrived, we were a bit off put by the exterior of the building and the unkept parking lot.... hold on to your seats for potential family drama!

HOWEVER! The staff was great and over the top friendly! They thought of all the little details (like a cushion for our guest of honor). The interior of the barn building we were in was quaint and delightful - we'll put together and comfortable.

The food was TO DIE FOR GOOD! Every course was well put together - I couldn't come up with anything that could have been improved. Our entire experience was beautiful and I would highly recommend it for large gatherings OR personal outings (we did stop into the main building and it looked like it would be great as well).

Thank you Cucina for a WONDERFUL experience!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I think reviews are not really reflective of our experience. We were tired after a long day and driving back to Manhattan (from Catskill Mountains) needed a nice restaurant to eat with our picky children. My wife found this on her quick search just before passing by the town of Woodstock and what a lovely surprise it was compared to some other diners we have seen on the road.

The restaurant is nicely decorated, they welcome you and help you find a suitable table (even without a reservation we were able to get a nice table arriving after 1900) and provide a very positive and attentive service. We tried various different dishes from pasta to steak and some desert and coffee and I cant foul a thing. The price paid was ok for what we had and I ma not sure what other reviewers are not happy about. If I was going there on a weekly basis maybe I would find something to complain about after a few visits but form our one visit on a very long day they made our evening. Thanks Cucina! And would love to go there again if we are ever in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This meal was absolutely unbelievable. My husband and I came here while staying in Woodstock for the weekend and were so happy we did. Located in an old farmhouse, Cucina keeps the farmhouse vibe and puts a clean and airy spin on it. They also include long family style tables ( as well as regular tables) to embrace the Italian culture. There are some seats outside on the front porch as well.

We each started with a drink. I asked about the Chardonnay and was offered a taste before committing. It was exact;y what I wanted: buttery and lovely. My husband got a ginger old fashioned and absolutely loved it.

We split the buratta appetizer with fig jam on a toast. They were very accommodating and put the prosciutto on the side for me because I am a vegetarian. I was very grateful. It was delicious. The fig jam paired perfectly with the reduced balsamic drizzled on top and you can never go wrong with buratta.

I ordered the pasta puttanesca which I was pleased to find out was also vegetarian. My husband got the chicken parm. I did not try his, but he could not be more complimentary. My pasta was absolutely fantastic. The pasta was cooked perfectly, the flavors in the sauce were done exactly as they should be, and the ingredients were all fresh. I seriously could have licked the plate clean. It was just so good.

We were too full for dessert. Anyone in the Woodstock area who wants an amazing Italian meal, go to Cucina. They also have a separate event space if you are looking to host an event.