“Amazing food!”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Joshua's is the longest serving restaurant in Woodstock, feeding and delighting patrons with high-quality, healthy, delicious food for 44 years! We strive to use the freshest, locally sourced ingredients we can find. We look forward to being of service.
Reviewed 8 October 2016

This isn't the sort of menu that I would normally go for but I have to say that the food was absolutely beautiful. I had cajun salmon with pesto mashed potatoes and asparagus. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the restaurant has a lovely quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I chose Joshua's for lunch with a friend because it's quieter than some other places in Woodstock on a weekend. In that respect it did not disappoint; pleasant atmosphere, good service. I had apple-butternut squash soup, and it was excellent. But then maybe I picked the wrong entrée. It was asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon served with latkes. The asparagus was virtually uncooked. Crisp and crunchy. The smoked salmon's flavor was okay but it was a little dry, maybe it had been exposed to the air for too long. The worst part of the entrée was the latkes; flavor was okay but they had the texture of rice cakes. Crisp and crunchy, like the uncooked asparagus. But dry, too. I even tried tasting just the center, hoping it might be moist; no such luck. Joshua's has a large menu selection for Sunday brunch; they might do better to focus on more careful preparation of a smaller selection.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Wonderful, fresh food and awesome service. Every dish was exceptional, especially the falafel. Great mixed drinks too. The 'Costa Rican' was deemed as good as that of San Jose; so much so that one of our party was convinced the chef was from there. Cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Spent the weekend in the Catskills eating in all the High end restaurants that were top recommendations. A visit to Woodstock NY and we came across Joshua's! Have to say that this was the best meal by far of the weekend!! Great Mediterranean food! This was our last stop and was the cherry on the top for Jane and I.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I just had dinner here and loved it. We chose the place based on a review I had seen that mentioned cream of spinach soup, which sounded like just what I wanted. Well, they were out of that soup, but the squash soup was delicious, as was everything on the smorgasbord, which we shared. Our waiter, Quentin, was friendly, courteous, and professional. We couldn't have made a better choice!