“Lunch with our family”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Organic vegan and Cafe & Juice Bar.
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Garden Cafe on the Green as a family, for lunch. The cafe is right in the heart of Woodstock next to the Green. It's a really inviting cafe, light and spacious with a great outside space. We sat outside in the shade.

The children's menu was perfect for our two under 5's. Healthy and nutritious. They wolfed the food down.

My husband and I had the bean burger with potatoes. The potatoes were delicious!

The cake portions are huge! One slice fed all 4 of us.

Our only criticism (and the reason this isn't a 5/5) was that the bar was REALLY slow. Our drinks, that we'd ordered first, didn't arrive until after we had finished our meals.

This vegetarian restaurant is second only to Greens in Manchester, UK. In our humble opinion.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Nice friendly atmosphere casual and lay back, we sit on the garden where you can see the main plaza and listening to the bands playing in the meantime you waiting for the food! Delicious entrees and appetizers and reasonable prices, it was Saturday afternoon on a Holiday weekend so it was a little crowded and their was a wait but it was worthy

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Excellent food. Very pleasant service and a wonderful venue both inside and in the garden. I had a smoothie in the afternoon that was refreshing and delicious and went back for dinner. Was not disappointed.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The food was quite good, but I wouldn't say we had meals to rave about. The lasagna needed something more, why no noodles? The bean burger, however, was excellent. The constant grinding of vegetables did not make for pleasant dining experience - could this be done back in the kitchen & the workers should wear hearing protection.

leahaasfridrich, Owner at Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I love the burger too. Seems like there are more and more GF guests that crave hearty home cooking, and 'demand" the lasagna. (so happy I can have noodles)

Part of the "juicing" is the visual and the aromatherapy that comes with it, guests love watching the juices be made and take part in pointing out the veggies and fruit they want in it. But yes, it is a big grinding machine to make all that lovely juice.

it would be funny to get the servers to wear ear muffs. They might get them in their Christmas stocking.

Hope you make it in Woodstock again and give us another try.

best,
Lea

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My cousin , a resident of Woodstock recommended this homey establishment for our lunch. He asked if I minded that the place was 'vegan'. Vegan is a misnomer for people , such as myself who had to go meatless on Fridays as a child due to church edict. What my cousin and I had was a delicious , wholesome 'meatless meal' of the kind I remembered eating as a child. We had meatless lasagna and a sandwich on focaccia with eggplant. Desert was way, WAY over the top and a must for anyone eating at this charming cafe patronized by people just as genuine as the food served here. 3 small, but decadent scoops of Non Dairy coconut milk Chocolate Mousse was what we shared. Oh, my Gawd !

1  Thank joan7770