“Gift card scam”

Thyme Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Food was not bad, service so so. The big issue was the expiring gift cards with no expiration dates on them. We had our meal and upon check out we were advised our card had expired, although nothing was listed on the card to that nature. Long and short they gave us 50% credit, which for the meal we got was about the proper value. We will not go back.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I've been wanting to eat at Thyme for a very long time, so I jumped at my friend's suggestion that we have lunch there. I have no idea how it has managed to stay in business. Things started out poorly when we had to wait a bit to be seated, and there were only two other people in the dining room. After being seated, I noticed that my glass and another one were dirty, so I set them both to the side. The waiter took them and disappeared. When he came back, he put down a glass that had a distinct lip imprint on the rim. It was dirtier than the original glass, so we pointed it out to him. He took them and disappeared again. He eventually walked by the table and we asked him for water. He replied that he was looking for clean glasses! Finally he gave us water in glasses from the bar.
We ordered our meals and then waited for about 50 minutes for them to appear. A couple who had been right behind us got their meals about 15 minutes before we did. There were a total of six people in the restaurant at this point. And the waiter spent most of that time talking with the "chef" in the rear of the restaurant. He never apologized for the dirty glasses or acknowledged the ridiculously long wait for our food. A woman seated near us had a problem just getting the waiter to giv her a menu.
My fish sandwich was mediocre at best.
I definitely won't be going back.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We go to Thyme many times during the year. My wife and daughter purchase gift cards for me to use. Went to Thyme today and tried to use a $100.00 gift card. They said it expired after six months. Never had that happen before. Guess I used them prior to the six month expiration. I have one more $100.00 gift card. What am I supposed to do with it? Will never go there again. My friends and family will be told about this. Their loss of business will far exceed what happened to me today.

1  Thank raylav
Reviewed 17 June 2017

It is a small place, if you don't mind that you will have a good time. The food is very good and they have a variety of items on the menu. we have a nice romantic dinner at Thyme's.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The place has a very nice decor. It's a small place. You know what they say good things come in small packages, that is true here. The food was very good.