“THYME to try this one. ”
Review of Thyme Restaurant

Thyme Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It's THYME to try this little find. Fresh ingredients (some from the chef's tomato and herb garden outside the restaurant), perfect portions and great background music from Sinatra to doo opp.
Mom and my sis enjoyed scratch-made vegetable minestrone soup and the harvest salad with grilled chicken Breast.
My salmon was perfectly cooked and served over julienned zucchini and carrots. The owner and chef are accommodating for food sensitivities and managed well around mine.
TIP: save room for dessert. Try the chocolate nuttela mouse and creme brûlée. The sign is small, so don't miss it-on the eastbound side of Crompound Road.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first time here. We were looking forward to it, having read good reviews. First impression is that the decor is very much to our liking. Warm design, open kitchen, nice crowd, and the conversation is not too loud. Quite a contrast to the outside which is a storefront sitting on a major road.

Unfortunately, the service was disappointing. It seemed to take forever to just get our water glasses filled. Then a long wait to be asked if we'd like to order a drink, from a waiter who was aloof and standoffish. Sorry to say, but either he was having a bad night or he had no interpersonal skills. Never did he welcome us, ask us if we had any questions, or discuss anything. Just, are you ready to order?

Good news is the food was excellent. We shared a tomato salad and the stuffed mushroom appetizers to start. The tomato salad should've been called Caprese salad. What showed up then would've been what we expected. None the less, it was delicious. For our main courses we had the Farfale pasta and the Diver scallops. Both were well prepared and very tasty. All of our food was very good.

I expect we'll try this place again and hope for better service. The food is worth coming back for.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Food was not bad, service so so. The big issue was the expiring gift cards with no expiration dates on them. We had our meal and upon check out we were advised our card had expired, although nothing was listed on the card to that nature. Long and short they gave us 50% credit, which for the meal we got was about the proper value. We will not go back.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I've been wanting to eat at Thyme for a very long time, so I jumped at my friend's suggestion that we have lunch there. I have no idea how it has managed to stay in business. Things started out poorly when we had to wait a bit to be seated, and there were only two other people in the dining room. After being seated, I noticed that my glass and another one were dirty, so I set them both to the side. The waiter took them and disappeared. When he came back, he put down a glass that had a distinct lip imprint on the rim. It was dirtier than the original glass, so we pointed it out to him. He took them and disappeared again. He eventually walked by the table and we asked him for water. He replied that he was looking for clean glasses! Finally he gave us water in glasses from the bar.
We ordered our meals and then waited for about 50 minutes for them to appear. A couple who had been right behind us got their meals about 15 minutes before we did. There were a total of six people in the restaurant at this point. And the waiter spent most of that time talking with the "chef" in the rear of the restaurant. He never apologized for the dirty glasses or acknowledged the ridiculously long wait for our food. A woman seated near us had a problem just getting the waiter to giv her a menu.
My fish sandwich was mediocre at best.
I definitely won't be going back.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We go to Thyme many times during the year. My wife and daughter purchase gift cards for me to use. Went to Thyme today and tried to use a $100.00 gift card. They said it expired after six months. Never had that happen before. Guess I used them prior to the six month expiration. I have one more $100.00 gift card. What am I supposed to do with it? Will never go there again. My friends and family will be told about this. Their loss of business will far exceed what happened to me today.

1  Thank raylav