“Flotilla Evening destroyed by Mexican Food!”
Review of Plaza Mexico

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #19 of 45 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here probably 6 times. One time it was out of this world another time it was horrible cold food bad service. To be honest I give folks a chance if they have a bad night or if it's just bad food I give them the opportunity to make things right. Tonight we stopped into the Plaza de Mexico for dinner before the Beaufort Christmas flotilla. Whomever made the salsa made it so hot it burnt our mouths and lips. The waitress would disappear. She kept running outside I guess to smoke. Could Not get her attention unless you screamed at her. Our food was cold the burrito made me sick. it was the worst freaking food and service ever. So tonight was the last time we will choose the Plaza de Mexico. There was another gentleman sick in the bathroom as Well. We are done with plaza of dog food!!!! Do yourself a favor go to the one in Emerald Isle or her husband's places El Zarape!! Never had bad food there.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Typical Mexican restaurant with typical prices, which means you won't break the bank. Extensive menu. It is exactly what you would expect......which can be perfect.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

On a recent visit to Plaza Mexico, I found a huge hair in my salsa. The staff seemed to care less about the incident. I left.
On other trips the food is decent, but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stopped for lunch while wandering around the waterfront. The service was good. All 4 of us enjoyed our orders. I would have no problem stopping again.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

To compensate for the blandness of their food, they serve a half plate of rice which is equally tasteless. Wine selection is very poor. Much better restaurants in the area.