“Standard Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Pretty good Mexican food right on the main street of Beaufort, North Carolina. Standard Mexican menu. Good Margaritas. We have been here 5-6 times and I have found the food to be pretty consistent. Nothing outstanding but ok.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Having lived in So Cal for over 10 years, my expectations are high for Mexican restaurants. Plaza Mexico exceeded expectations. The staff, although late on a Sunday night, were friendly and tolerated my horrible Spanish. Food was great and portions large.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The margaritas were the best part of dinner. The large is a very generous portion.

The entrees were good to very good. The burrito was good and the fajitas were were better. The Hawaiian fajitas were actually very good and good change of pace.

Other wise this was an average choice for dinner. The decor was average. The staff met expectations. The prices were about average.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here probably 6 times. One time it was out of this world another time it was horrible cold food bad service. To be honest I give folks a chance if they have a bad night or if it's just bad food I give them the opportunity to make things right. Tonight we stopped into the Plaza de Mexico for dinner before the Beaufort Christmas flotilla. Whomever made the salsa made it so hot it burnt our mouths and lips. The waitress would disappear. She kept running outside I guess to smoke. Could Not get her attention unless you screamed at her. Our food was cold the burrito made me sick. it was the worst freaking food and service ever. So tonight was the last time we will choose the Plaza de Mexico. There was another gentleman sick in the bathroom as Well. We are done with plaza of dog food!!!! Do yourself a favor go to the one in Emerald Isle or her husband's places El Zarape!! Never had bad food there.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Typical Mexican restaurant with typical prices, which means you won't break the bank. Extensive menu. It is exactly what you would expect......which can be perfect.