“Good Margarita, horrible food”
Review of Plaza Mexico

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #19 of 45 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stays open because of moderate prices and margarita. Food is never good. Everytime I eat there say I am not going back. Great location, just bad multiple experiences.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and I were looking for an affordable option for some of our favorite watering holes and eating spots in Beaufort. WE look for "clean" food, good/prompt-courteous service, wide selection, and at a fair price. We will continue to frequent this location of this restaurant chain.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Popped in for lunch after a morning of kayaking. Initial service was a little slow but waitress made up for it by making really delicious margaritas and attentiveness throughout the rest of the meal. Portions were generous, tasty and reasonably priced. There was a daily special on the monster margarita. I highly recommend enjoying one while people watching in the sidewalk seating.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Went here for a late lunch. I ordered the fajitas with chicken, shrimp and beef. The beef and chicken were dry and over cooked, the tortillas were stale and the peppers and onions were hardly cooked. Overall it was very disappointing.

1  Thank TJG1955
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Rude arrogant staff!!!!!!

We arrived at the restaurant at 8:50pm on Sun May 28.
The place was packed with people, but no wait and tables were available.
The host ( a young Latino, with shoulder length hair) was quick to say: we are CLosed! I asked what time they close and his reply was: WE ARE CLOSED! I asked again, what time they close, and he said, it doesn't matter : We are closed. I then asked for the manager. The arrogant kid said he was not available. I asked what the managers name was, the kid said, why do you want his name? We are closed.
I asked again to speak with the manager and he said , doesn't matter. We are closed. I asked why I couldn't speak to him, and the arrogant little .... said the manager was his uncle and it did not matter.
What is going on with this place? Does the 16 year old run it ? Do they treat all customers this way? Is it a family run business, and they know they can't be disciplined ? I'm in the hospitality business, and I will never spend my money at this place again , and I will warn every boater I know , not to go to this restaurant.

1  Thank HospitalityTraveler7