“SO COOL”
Review of Discovery Diving

Discovery Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Diving, your headquarters for North Carolina's world class, warm water, wreck diving. Located in Beaufort, North Carolina, an historic seaside town on the Crystal Coast, we are in close proximity to the shipwrecks of the acclaimed Graveyard of the Atlantic. In addition to our dive charters, Discovery is a full service dive operation offering training, gear sales and rentals, and equipment repair.
Reviewed 18 March 2017

it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! i got to see so many different kinds of fish and the water was just so beautiful and the shipwrecks are just WOW and i get to go again this summer!!!!! 2017 will be the best summer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even though im only 11 and have to go back to school...:(

"rebreather"
"school"
"shore"

Reviewed 25 September 2016

I wanted to update my YMCA Open Water Diving Certification from 1972 and contacted Debbie at Discovery Diving Company (DDC) to see what needed to be done. After a few phone calls, I visited the wonderful folks at DDC, spent about two hours in the pool demonstrating necessary diving skills, viewed several videos and took the final written exam with a small class of students looking for advanced diving certification. The staff, especially Bobby, was great, treated me with the utmost respect and demonstrated a superior mastery of diving safety requirements. My wife and I plan on diving with DDC several times in the future! I would not hesitate to recommend Discovery Diving Company!

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Day 1: was excited to go dive the shipwrecks! I picket out my rental gear at the shop (I had my own regulators, computer, gauges, and mask, but needed to rent the rest). the first thing I noticed was the price sheet....... they sure are proud of their equipment..... personally I find it a bit out of line to charge $50 for rental equipment for 1 day (wetsuit, fins, BCD, tank, wieghts only). The second thing I noticed was that this expensive rental equipment was very old, worn out, and run down. The snaps were heavily worn and the Velcro really didn't work at all (velcro for holding the inflator down for example).
So..... on the boat to get the equipment all set up. As we headed out the ocean became very rough very fast. 6-8 feet swells that day. They should have known better! The ride out took over 3 hours and the boat captain stopped and considered turning us back a few times. Now I have never been sea sick every before, but on this day I got VERY sick. I had to lie down and close my eyes the whole time. There was absolutely no me that I (or another passenger) could even think about diving! I was supposed to be a 2-dive trip, but the captain called the second dive off (he should have called both off in those conditions)!
Day 2: My friends and the boat staff convinced me I should try again. So I got on the boat. The sea was calmer this day with only 3-5 foot swells. I did not get sick, so after the 2 hour boat ride I geared up and jumped in the water. There was a strong current and the old, crappy equipment kicked in..... apparently the strap on the fin broke and I lost it. With the current there was no way to get it back. so once again.... the day of diving is ruined. Everyone else completed 2 dives while I sat on the boat.
I had had enough. I didn't even bother to go out the 3rd day at all. However, you can bet your rear end that the dive shop charged me full price for all of the equipment for all the days...... and all of the dives for all of the days. Keep in mind, I got NO DIVES at all, did not use equipment at all the first day because I was sick, the equipment failed the second day which kept me from diving, and I didn't even bother to go the third day....... yet got charged FULL PRICE FOR ALL DIVES AND RENTALS FOR ALL 3 DAYS!!!! This place is a scam! There is no was I would recommend this place to an enemy, let alone anyone I like. Skip the disappointment! Go to another company!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We've been going to this shop many times a year for some nice NC coast diving. The captains and crew know their stuff and work hard to ensure a safe and pleasant trip for everyone. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank atlanticblues
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Just back from two days of diving with Discovery and the captain and crew of the Sea Quest II. First day we planned to dive the U-352, but a storm changed that plan. The captain found us another site, the Hutton and some tugs that were more recently sunk. Lots of interesting marine life, particularly watching barracudas feed on a school of smaller fish at the tugs.

Second day was clear and smooth. We made the trip to the U-boat and had an excellent dive with great visibility. This wreck was the highlight of the trip for my 15 year old son. Second dive was the Aeolus, which is a long wreck site with lots of marine life and a number of sand tiger sharks.

The crew of the Sea Quest II made the trip for us. They were very professional, they run a very nice boat that is well outfitted for diving, and they knew the sites. They set anchor lines and locator lines to help guide us to and through the sites, and they were also friendly and personable. We will definitely dive with this company again.