“UNPROFESSIONAL AND CROOKS”
Review of Discovery Diving

Discovery Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Diving, your headquarters for North Carolina's world class, warm water, wreck diving. Located in Beaufort, North Carolina, an historic seaside town on the Crystal Coast, we are in close proximity to the shipwrecks of the acclaimed Graveyard of the Atlantic. In addition to our dive charters, Discovery is a full service dive operation offering training, gear sales and rentals, and equipment repair.
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I paid and secured an open water class for certain dates. Upon arriving to the first day of class, I was informed by the owner that she had changed the original dates. Instead of that class being 4 days long, she was extending it. I informed her that we had to have the class completed by the end of the original last day of class because some in my group were here from out of state. She assured us that she would figure something out. So, with her reassurance, we proceeded with the class. At the end of the second day of class, she still did not have a solution to our dilemma. Five days later, I requested a refund since she had not found a solution. She said she would calculate my refund and get it processed. I paid $455 for the class and was only refunded $215. I have asked an employee about it and he could not explain the reasons for the difference. I have sent an email to the owner and she will not respond. I have gone to the place of business and the owner refused to come downstairs to speak with me. No one can justify the difference in the refund. I never would have proceeded with the class if we weren't assured by the owner that she would "figure something out'. This company shouldn't just change dates and not contact the students to notify them. Nor should they assure the students that they will figure something out just to keep them in class. BEWARE! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!

All reviews
"vis"
"rebreather"
"school"

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I did a weekend of diving with Discovery Diving, with 5 dives exploring wrecks at the Graveyard of the Atlantic. The staff at the shop were very friendly during the booking and checking in process, and went out of their way to help me with my tanks, and getting them analysed (as their analyser wasn't one I was familiar with).

The boat was roomy and comfortable, which is just as well as it was a bumpy two hour sail out. The crew on the boat were very professional and competent, but did not go out of their way to help guest with anything. As an experienced diver, I was fine with this, but can see how a newer diver might have needed more help and interaction.

The wrecks were all extremely interesting, and I wish I could have spent more time down with them, but no deco time was limited as they were all about 30 metres down. I was also hoping to be able to see sand tiger sharks, but did not manage to - although guests said there were lots the day before! Overall I would be happy to dive the Outer Banks again with Discovery Diving

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

During my stay on Samui I decided to do the PADI open water diver course. Reading the good reviews I knew Discovery would be a good place to make a longterm dream come true, and I wasn't disappointed. My instructor Somkid was professional, helpful and a great friend to have my first underwater adventures with. I takes a while to get to the dive sites, but along the way we were well taken care of and it was great to feel the good vibe the staff carried along. Shout out to Somkid, Richie and Laura!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My husband and I went here for our PADI refresher course. Lee was great as our instructor and the entire staff is so friendly!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I just cannot say enough wonderful things about this place! A friend and I decided to take the open water dive certification class and we did it over 2 consecutive weekends. There were long days and lots of information, but I definitely recommend this company for diving certification! All the instructors were awesome! So knowledgeable and patient. I totally trust them with my life and will definitely will return for additional certifications!!! Thank you Debby, Rob, Gary, Payton, Neil, Jay, Kevin, John, Lee and everyone there that I missed!!

Debby B, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so very much! Please come back if you want to further you dive instruction! We enjoyed it as well!