All reviews scones the blue room across the street breakfast was delicious beaufort grocery the queen anne suite yogurt great hosts comfortable rooms beaufort suite bed and breakfast within walking distance blue moon front street stay there again each morning b bs
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This was our 1st visit to Beaufort and The Pecan Tree Inn and we can't wait to return. The Inn is beautiful and relaxing. Dave, the innkeeper was a very gracious host and lead us to the towns best resturants and sites. The Breakfast was perfect, just the right amount & mixture of fresh breads, muffins, scones, and granola to kick off a day of kayaking, bike ridding and touring this beautiful seaside town.

Michele & Alan Sims

Room tip: We stayed in the Beaufort Suite...Great jacuzzi tub for two!
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We usually rent a home in Beaufort, but wanted "easy" when we were traveling with my dad and pecan tree inn fit the bill! the only detraction is that you don't face the water, but walk outside anh go 30 feet and you have your view! We stayed in the blue room and dad in the aviary. Blue room was nice in that it had a street view, but you could hear som street noise, aviary room is good except it's sort of close to the ice machine, but, with only 7 rooms it's not really an issue. These two rooms are good in that they don't share walls with another room. For your own entrance book the pine or queen Anne ( I think) and you don't have to be AS worried about disturbing others . . . Which I always worry about at b&bs . . . Chantelle is an awesome hostess and breakfast is very good. Also, they keep a fridge stocked with free soft drinks , which was great. Plus, the location just can't be beat. We will be back

Room tip: Either suite will give u separate entrance and probably quietes
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

When in desperate need of a vacation with the "finer touches", the Pecan Tree Inn met and exceeded all expectations. Thank you to David, Chantelle and all for your wonderful service and kindness. You feel as though you are at home, yet you are doted on from the moment you walk in the door. I'll be back soon.

Room tip: The Blue Room had a wonderful window, but all have access to the large porches
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The Pecan Tree Inn is well-appointed with lots of nice touches. Our road trip took us there a few days after Hurricane Irene and we happily extended our planned one night stay by another night because the Outer Banks ferries and power were still off which meant we couldn't go there. We had a very nice traditionally-furnished bedroom. There is a guests lounge area available and porch areas on first and second levels with rocking chairs. Soft drinks are included as is coffee. The breakfast was tasty - some home baking included. Breakfast is in a communal dining room, so if you want privacy it's maybe not your thing. But everyone was pleasant. Beaufort is well worth a visit.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I highly recommend this fabulous bed and breakfast. From the moment I registered, the inkeeper's assistant made me feel welcome when she called and warmly confirmed my reservation. She makes delicious pasteries, coffee cakes, tarts, breads etc. all homemade for breakfast there, and yoghurt, coffee, fruit, eggs, and granola are also available. Very warm and friendly service. I felt at home instead of feeling like a traveler. I was alone and felt very safe there; the town is safe and in addition the inn's doors to the outside automatically lock and are accessible by key only; same with the bedrooms. The inn was a very short distance to the sound, which I could see from it, and also to fine restaurants and marinas. It was quiet. This was such a dream find. I will be back.

Date of stay: August 2011