Black Mountain Inn
Quality Inn(Black Mountain)
US$81
QualityInn
US$70
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$67
US$68
QualityInn
US$70
  • Pool
US$90
All reviewshelen kellertrap dooropen windowsb bsfrench toastnext morninglong weekendloftantiqueshomeherbhousefolks
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I longed for the comfort of the familiar room with its six foot long clawfoot bathtub and my very own wood-stove right outside the door.I wanted to re-visit the old sacred place where pieces of my soul lingered. Many hours had been spent with my feet propped on the old wood-stove as I lazily devoured books with great pleasure. I lounged in the 1920's wicker furniture and lost myself in the beauty of the place as I gazed out from the upstairs window across the front lawn. I slept and rejuvenated my spirits under comforters of down, their softness a great contrast to the harshness of the real world.The blessings wrapped up in this spiritual retreat were just beginning. At the Black Mountain Inn. Everything takes you back in time, the Pricilla curtains, old paintings and even the vintage doorknobs. So pretty. All the rooms are decorated with Miss June's special touches.I especially like The Loft, a private suite at Black Mountain Inn. Its history is enough to give me goosebumps.Great artists and writers stayed in this very room and were inspired by the beautiful surrounding mountains. Hemmingway,Steinbeck,Helen Keller and many others used this loft as a place to find serenity.The red room that June and her mother recently decorated is simply lovely and so inviting.All through the inn,vintage furnishings take you back to a simpler time. On the lower level, look through the glass front door and you see a vintage screened door. Step out onto the porch and take the path around and through the grounds. You will find southern magnolias,aged oaks,vegetable and herb gardens,grape arbors and fruit trees. Your delicious breakfast will come from the fresh bounty of the gardens.June, the inn keeper, never lets you down. She has worked tirelessly to maintain the charm of the inn. It was originally a stage coach inn.Here,there are no phones or televisions in the rooms- just lovely silence. There are few modern distractions to take away the feeling of peace and serenity. Every corner is vintage. The cool mountain breezes float in through open windows in summer.Wood-stoves warm your winter soul and the genuine hospitality always comforts your spirit. It is my home away from home.......I love it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2016

My husband and I stayed in the upstairs loft, and it was wonderful. It used to be the painting studio back when this was an artist's colony, so it has LOTS of windows you can open to enjoy the mountain breezes. It's a huge space and decorated in funky antique furniture...with a soft, comfortable queen-sized bed. Also there's a mini fridge, free wifi and a deep tub, with soap that smells like real flowers. And here's a feature the kids will love: You enter the loft through a large, but easy to open, trap door with an ornate counterweight. We definitely got video of that! Too bad we didn't get to try the breakfast because of working late, but that table setting with the multicolored glassware looked really inviting. Next time, for sure! We had a really memorable time at the Black Mountain Inn...all I can say is, if you want something regular and predictable, go to the chain motels. If you want something more fancied up...you know, like a B&B with a wine tasting...air conditioning...or some guy singing opera every evening....then the Black Mountain Inn is not your kind of place. But if you love charm, history and a real mountain experience, then this is the one you want to book in the Black Mountain/Asheville area.

Room Tip: The top floor loft is huge and airy with plenty of room for playing and entertaining
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank eud0ra
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Couldn't be happier with the experience, felt at home and very cared for. The Inn keeper went out of her way to accommodate my wife and I. Classic Bed and Breakfast experience. Our honeymoon memories will be cherished!
Thank you from The Alexanders.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Once again I have visited this old Victorian BB. I had the lovely Emili room which has windows over looking the front. Lovely sunshine beating in the room. Lovely large tub with a great French shower.

The Inn is dressed for the holiday. Smell of fresh cooking cookies throughout the house. Nice added touch is the microwave and hot water in a room with excellent selection of teas. Coffee also available.

The yard is nice even in the winter. The days I spent went from warm to cold. But some winter flowers available. I love the little stool who says "Beware of Bears".

Nice is a fire going all night and day. Really made you feel like old fashion Christmas.

Lovely breakfast ready each morning, with fresh fruit and lovely French toast with orange juice. One morning French toast with cinnamon. The Inn keeper is a great cook.

Come stay and relax. Enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Bring a good book to sit back, relax, let go off all the stress. THE Beverly room is the warmest.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

If you want a chain Motel with a TV and AC this is not your place. The house was built in 1838 and expectations should accommodate this fact. My wife and I love these type of inns and this one did not disappoint. From the creaky stairs to the musty aroma, the inn is satisfied our expectations.
We stayed in the Emil room with a classic claw foot tub and comfortable bed with cool mountain air coming into the room through a window facing the front lawn. As far as pricing, we paid fair market value for the area as the Days Inn down the road was 30$ mor per day with none of the character. Black Mountain is a great place to stay for those of us Asheville natives who do not care to be amid the traffic and exorbitant costs but still love the mountains.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family