“So charming”
Review of La Guinguette

La Guinguette
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We're from out of town and someone suggested we try this cafe. We missed it the first time we drove by. it didn't stand out to us as a restaurant; it's across the street from the post office, a cute yellow building. The inside is lovely and clean. Our server was engaging and extremely friendly. The crepes are good. Glad we came here!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is a case of an interesting menu poorly executed. My luncheon guests ordered the empanadas (beef and chicken) and found them to be too much pastry and scant on the filling. I had the wild mushroom crepe which is an entree item. What I was served was approx. 3-4 oz. of entree with a handful of balsamic dressed lettuce - not much of a lunch for the price.
The table ordered coffees which were served lukewarm.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is a French/Argentine cafe serving crepes and empanadas and salads. A hidden gem that should be lined up every day. We love finding different and quaint places to eat. This fit the bill perfectly. Hubby and I shared...he ordered a mushroom crepe and I had 2 different empandas. They each come with side salads with homeade dressing. It was all fantastic. They also had a menu with sweet crepes as well along with desserts. We will definitely stop here again when in the area. A must for lunch or dinner if you come to Black Mountain!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while traveling on I-40. What a great decision! The service is great, the menu (known as the “inspirations”) has a lot to offer, including a great wine list! We enjoyed the Popeye and Stroganoff savory crepes and the Chocolate & Raspberry dessert crepe. Yum, Yum, Yum! This was our first visit. It will definitely not be our last!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

While visiting family in Swannanoa, we took our two granddaughters out for Sunday brunch in Black Mountain. Having eaten there previously, we knew what to expect and weren’t disappointed. This is not a large restaurant, it is smallish but holds more patrons than you would think. There is a small room with 3 small tables and a wood stove on entry, then a second room with several more small tables, then a large group room holding possibly 15 or so and finally patio seating with a few outdoor tables. Their empanadas are a favorite, the Carne De Vaca particularly for me, ground beef, onion, olives, and hard cooked eggs wrapped in a tasty pastry. Our granddaughters love the tamales which they had, I tried the vegan queso, black beans and salsa tamale which was good but I prefer the empanada. Iced tea was great, however the menu included quite a few wine choices. My husband trumped us all by ordering a raspberry crepe which was divine! Our service was great, food served promptly and overall we think this is a thumbs up place!