“Wasn't sure what to expect but happy I tried it.”
Review of La Guinguette

La Guinguette
Reviewed 14 November 2017

What a cute little place this is. Went here for lunch with a co-worker and was dead set on ordering a sweet crepe. I've never had a savory crepe before. I ended up ordering a savory crepe with turkey, eggs, cheese that was delicious! It came with a small salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. I really enjoyed this meal. The server was a bit busy when we first arrived but by the time the food came she was fully on point.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We're from out of town and someone suggested we try this cafe. We missed it the first time we drove by. it didn't stand out to us as a restaurant; it's across the street from the post office, a cute yellow building. The inside is lovely and clean. Our server was engaging and extremely friendly. The crepes are good. Glad we came here!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is a case of an interesting menu poorly executed. My luncheon guests ordered the empanadas (beef and chicken) and found them to be too much pastry and scant on the filling. I had the wild mushroom crepe which is an entree item. What I was served was approx. 3-4 oz. of entree with a handful of balsamic dressed lettuce - not much of a lunch for the price.
The table ordered coffees which were served lukewarm.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is a French/Argentine cafe serving crepes and empanadas and salads. A hidden gem that should be lined up every day. We love finding different and quaint places to eat. This fit the bill perfectly. Hubby and I shared...he ordered a mushroom crepe and I had 2 different empandas. They each come with side salads with homeade dressing. It was all fantastic. They also had a menu with sweet crepes as well along with desserts. We will definitely stop here again when in the area. A must for lunch or dinner if you come to Black Mountain!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while traveling on I-40. What a great decision! The service is great, the menu (known as the “inspirations”) has a lot to offer, including a great wine list! We enjoyed the Popeye and Stroganoff savory crepes and the Chocolate & Raspberry dessert crepe. Yum, Yum, Yum! This was our first visit. It will definitely not be our last!