“Nice Atmosphere, Mediocre Food”
Review of The Black Bear

The Black Bear
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The service was great, and the atmosphere is cozy and warm- just as you would hope for in a small mountain town. The food was not impressive unfortunately. We had an $8 buffalo chicken appetizer with 4 little pieces that were pretty greasy. I had a chicken Cesar salad with "homemade" dressing that was runny, tasteless, and very small in portion size for the price. My sig other had a half soup and half beef sandwich. The rye bread was stale, and there were 2 pieces of thin beef on the sandwich.

I would go back to relax and have a beer at the bar, but I would never go back for lunch. We hear their breakfast is good but may not gamble and try it again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Had a group of friends for brunch. Plusses are very reasonable menu and brunch special drinks. Goof was ok-/ some items better than others. Disadvantage was only one server for 26 people! Some of us never got water but we didn't want to bother her

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

My wife, 11 year old son and I all had great meals at The Black Bear. The Blue Bear Burger is a MUST! Also recommend the Sweet Chili Shrimp and Pineapple Coleslaw! The atmosphere and staff is vert warm and friendly, and the service was excellent. The also have a great selection local craft beers and the owner is extremely knowledgeable about the local beer scene. Fantastic lunch and experience! We will be coming back, as I hear their Reuben is also great.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast at the Black Bear today. Service was good, Kitchen was fast and the food was even better!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My wife and I have been going to the Black Bear since it opened several years ago. We have not found anything on the menu, lunch or breakfast, that wasn’t scrumptious. The owners, Lisa and Jay, have created a very friendly and service oriented atmosphere. We come in about once a week to enjoy the bear ambiance. My favorites are the Bear Claws and Wedge Salad. I would hike 10 miles through poison ivy to dine on these bad boys! There is “bearly” a crumb left on my plate. So, please come and join the happy crowd at the Black Bear.