2 people are viewing this hotel
US$139
Hotels.comUS$174
PricelineUS$174
Destinia.comUS$212
All reviews annex building indoor pool within walking distance hot tub would stay here again living room breakfast room complimentary breakfast oatmeal location was perfect main street in town downtown blowing rock nice room beds were comfortable the blue ridge parkway shopping and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2022

My husband and I stayed for four nights while I attended a Rope Retreat with Mountain Thread Company ( held at Meadowbrook) and my husband enjoyed the local golf course.
Our room was spacious and very comfortable and clean. We ate the complimentary breakfast here every morning. Very conveniently located and quaint Blowing Rock is well within walking distance. Staff is friendly and very helpful.
We will be staying here again during our next visit!
Highly recommend!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2022

We booked this hotel based on the great reviews, however, our experience seems inconsistent with that of others. As a former Guest Relations manager for a major hotel chain, I know a thing or two about what it means to be in the hospitality industry and providing guest with the best possible experience. We arrived early, and I acknowledge that fact up front with the front desk clerk, who proceeded to 'school me' (a 60 year old, savvy traveler who just spent a month in Europe) that check-in was not until 3:00, and then asked my name--Opportunity for hospitality training #1.

I asked if we could leave our car at the hotel while we walked into the village and have lunch, she said that would be fine. After a couple of hours exploring the town and having lunch we returned at 1:45 and I went in to check if a room might be ready, and again told that check in was not until 3:00--Opportunity for hospitality training #2. No attempt to reach housekeeping to see if a room was available. To be honest, I've been treated better by TSA agents.

By this time it was raining so we got in the car and visited the outlet stores to kill more time. Returned at 2:50 and was helped by another employee who couldn't have been more pleasant and the antithesis of the 7-3 shift person, who was still there and just glared.

Unfortunately, we were assigned to a connecting room, and could enjoy every bit of the neighbors conversation as the walls and connecting door are thin. We tried to relax obviously there was a family group traveling together and people coming in and out of each others rooms (including the connecting room we were assigned to), and children running up and down the hall. Opportunity for hospitality training #3. After 45 minutes of this, we decided to leave the hotel and make the drive back home.

If you are going to work in the hospitality industry, the n umber one rule is focus on doing the right thing by your guests--rather than rigidly enforcing rules and doing things the 'right' way. That's for the TSA agents.

Room tip: There are much better places to stay in Blowing Rock
Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank drbpeb
Savara Hospitality, Owner at Meadowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Thank you for your review and for providing feedback about your experience. On behalf of our entire team, we do sincerely apologize for missing the mark on so many aspects of your stay.

Your constructive feedback on our front desk agent at the time of your arrival is truly appreciated. Needless to say, the encounter you experienced is inconsistent with our philosophy on guest service. We have shared this with the appropriate members of our team and this experience will be utilized as part of our ongoing staff development program.

We do our very best to be proactive about assigning guests in adjoining rooms upon request only. However, when we are at a very high occupancy such as the dates of your reservation, we sometimes will need to assign guests not part of the same party with rooms that have locked and secured connecting doors. That said, we encourage our guests to contact our front desk team if there are any issues with noise so that we can do our best to rectify the situation swiftly.

It pains us to hear that you decided to head home after an unsatisfactory experience, and we really would like to make things up to you. We would greatly appreciate it if you contacted our management office to discuss your experience further and so that we can make amends.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Stayed here for a weekend in July with my husband and two little ones and really enjoyed it. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and there are nice little touches such as a refreshment station and afternoon cookies in the lobby. Delicious breakfast, comfortable beds and excellent location in Blowing Rock!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2022

This was our second stay at the Meadowbrook Inn. It has everything we needed. It is clean, neat, nice size rooms, wonderful breakfasts and is very quiet. Also so close to town center which is a bonus. It has an indoor pool, lovely patios and pretty grounds.

Room tip: Away from the elevator and bring a chair pad for sitting on the wire chairs on the patios.
Reviewed 8 August 2022

This poor old property has seen its day! It’s time to refurbish the entire place throw out the linens and start over. The first room I had been assigned was a deluxe king. From the website pictures I was excited to stay there! The room was in the Annex building which for all intents and purpose should be knocked down and rebuilt. I was so disappointed. Air conditioning in the main common areas was broken down making the building smell musty. Housekeeping doesn’t even wipe down the doors or mullions on the building giving you the immediate impression the building is going to be dirty. This unfortunately turned out to be true . The linens were grey but supposed to be white the furniture was so marked up I have seen better on roadside produce stands . I was so disappointed I wrote to the inn manager who quickly responded and moved me to the main building ina select suite. (Thank you Allison!) This was a great improvement as this room was cleaner and the main building a/c was working . However the elevator was broken down which the manager informed me in advance about. She also offered me a complete refund but I hadn’t secured another reservation anywhere else for the two nights I was booked and needed to focus on work as well as pleasure. I was grateful for the offer.
The building and the rooms are in need of paint ,newer decor freshened carpeting and over better building maintenance to name just a few things. Allison was professional and did what was in her power to make things right and from a service point of view she did just that. The property itself need desperate attention.

Date of stay: August 2022

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience in this detailed review. We do apologize for failing to meet expectations and for the issues you encountered during your stay.

Our team is committed to providing the best service and facilities for our guests, and we are actively taking the necessary steps to continue to improve both our guest rooms and public areas, including some planned upgrades over the coming year.

Our General Manager has been in touch with you, and we have taken immediate action to make things up to you. We do hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to the area.