“Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Excellent music,great views,and tasty food combined for a very pleasant experience. Our waitress was great.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I've eaten all over Blowing Rock, and this is hands down the best restaurant in town. Amazing views you won't find anywhere else (unless you're a millionaire with a hilltop home). Looking out the window at the bar is worth at least one drink, and way cheaper than visiting "The Blowing Rock".

Large portions at very fair prices. The $10 nachos will feed 3 or more as a meal in themselves. But I try to save room for a burger I visit as often as I can. I swear, I eat there like the hamburgers are free!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This old restaurant has a great view of the WNC mountains and the food is good. A very friendly waitress made the visit even more enjoyable. One thing, though, is that wait to be served our meal from the kitchen was awful and frustrating.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Canyons was not the place to eat today. The hostess struggled to get us seated. He tried to get us to eat in the center of the dining area when we asked for a window seat with the view. The view is the #1 reason for even going here. Our waitress, we'll call her "L" for Ms. Lousy attitude (and service) finally got us seated after a thirty minute wait at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Our table faced directly into the sunlight. The wait staff was disorganized and the host seemed overwhelmed and confused. We got our drink order fine, but "L" didn't keep our glasses full throughout the meal. We ordered for our family of five.
We had a long wait (another thirty minutes) before getting our food. My wife's Maui chicken was burnt to a crisp. My daughter's burger came with mayo, when we ordered it without. And my black beans and rice tasted like it came out of an instant box package. My sons' burger and tenders were fine. Oh, and "L" initially brought my wife the wrong order. I ate half my plate. And by the time "L" fixed my wife's and daughter's sandwiches my boys were done eating. After some debating with "L" about the quality of the meal she give us a discount of $7.95. I tipped her only 10 percent. We will not be returning anytime soon. I'm an ASU alumni and I go to Boone plenty. There's PLENTY of other options with better service, food, and maybe even scenery. Canyons gets two thumbs down and a group raspberry from my family.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

A favorite of the locals, this offers good food and drinks and spectacular views down the gorge. Sit on the deck in good weather and enjoy. Also a great place to watch sporting events on tv.