2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$169
Hotels.comUS$169
TravelocityUS$169
PricelineUS$169
Trip.comUS$169
TripadvisorUS$169
All reviews nice room bed was comfortable stream pond creek pet cottage nc
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2021

Our bed had a huge blood stain on the sheets and comforter. Our doctor is reccomending we get testing done for blood transmitted diseases. After submitting a report and calling the management group multiple times we finally recieved a call back. Their response, "we're sorry, that's it."

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank brysonm355
Reviewed 17 June 2021

I stayed in the Appalachian Suite for two nights. The furnishings , bathroom, and bed were very nice. It had a very large flat screen on the wall in the sitting room - 70" at least - that was a fun surprised. The day before my arrival, I received a call telling me how to get my key "in case" no one was in the office. Frankly, I do not think anyone was ever in the office. I never saw it open during my stay. That did not cause any problems , it just felt odd to never see anyone during my two night stay.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

We came to the Blowing Rock Art Festival. A much needed outing since the lockdowns and masks. The photos are nicer than the place. A/C didn’t work, so hot to sleep. They do not provide drinking water, bring your own. We woke up to a shatter noice and found the mirror in the bathroom had fallen, serious injury could have occurred as it was not securely fastened. Lobby closed on Sunday morning so no one to notify.
Will come back to the area, but stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank monicadabneyw
Reviewed 4 April 2021

We booked a stay at the Hillwinds Inn for Easter Weekend. It was disappointing to say the least. Upon checking in we immediately noticed they couldn’t even be bothered to hide all the wires and cable boxes beneath the wall mounted tv. With small children we were constantly trying to keep them from pulling on all the wires and ripping the tv off the wall. On top of that, they had an electrical cord mounted to the top of radiant floor heating. When we returned from dinner the cord was burned as well as the plastic zip tie holding it down. The beds were old and squeaky. Sheets were scratchy. Rooms outdated. Pictures on the website are not accurate at all. They consider themselves “pet friendly” as most hotels and Inns these days are. Little did we know that would mean pet hair all over the bathroom. There is nobody in the office at all because of Covid so good luck getting to talk to a staff member in person. They gave us two towels to start with. We had to call for more towels between 8-12. They are making a killing for minimal staff and amenities. We paid almost 500.00 for the weekend and it was an absolute rip off. Beware! This is the second one of these Village Inns we’ve stayed in and we should have learned our lesson after the first. We will not be staying here again and can’t wait to go home to our own comfy, clean bed!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mrssarahhope1
Reviewed 24 October 2020

Take care, the website misrepresents, this is neither an inn, a lodge nor a motel. It is a motel. We paid $329 I think about $125 given it was peak season would be reasonable. So for this amount what did I get? A run down motel room. The big stuff: uncomfortable bed, ancient mattress, scratchy sheets and covers -- not sure if there was much cotton insight. The bathroom sink did not drain. There was nothing to put a suitcase on to open it... bathroom floorboard heater didn't work. So to conclude, this is a rip off and a case study in why you need to be careful looking at a website when booking a room. What a rip off. The owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

Date of stay: October 2020