“Always fresh!”

Ranked #33 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

One of our local favorites. A Blowing Rock staple for years. Pizza is always made with fresh ingredients and home made sauce. The crispy crust supreme is loaded with toppings and can be customized to your taste. Had ours "to go" tonite.

Have also enjoyed Joe's lasagna and fresh salads for dinner with friends. Consistently, a healthy portion. Lunch sandwiches and vegetable plates are cost effective options for locals and visitors, as well.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I'm white, my mom is black and it was very obvious our waitress didn't want to serve her. I forced her to acknowledge my mom first by ignoring her until she addressed my mom. Two other tables came in after us got their food before we did (tried to blame it on the cook for messing up our cheese sticks). I wanted to take my money elsewhere but my mom wanted to stay to leave a good impression and make a point to them. God bless my mom. According to reviews on another site, this isn't the first time they've mistreated people who didn't look like them. She ordered a $15 shrimp dinner and only got 6 pieces of shrimp. Tea and lemonade were (barely) flavored water.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We were a group of five. Everyone agreed that the food was awful. Biscuits were heavy and doughy, grits were okay, potato casserole was tasteless and service was slow. One of our group said her eggs were too runny. They said they would replace them. 20 minutes later still no eggs. This was an awful experience .

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I'm basing my review based on my experience for my and my wife's breakfast on Sunday morning at 11:30. We randomly chose Papa John's because our targeted destination was offering only a buffet at $19 per person. As we were driving back home to SC we drove past Papa John's and it was open. The sign said "established 1982". To survive that long in a highly competitive market I thought "it can't be bad". It wasn't. In fact, it was excellent. I had the Papa Joe Italian omelet with sun dried tomato, Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese, baked apples, potato casserole and biscuit. Everything was excellent but the biscuit was probable the best I've ever eaten. It was so light, the texture was great and it tasted wonderful. My wife had scrambled eggs perfectly cook and, she being a grits connoisseur said they were some of the best she'd ever eaten. Our waitress was as good as a server can get. Very friendly, very attentive. The total bill with lot's of coffee was $16.59. Our dining experience today could not have been better

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Would not recommend this restaurant and wish we would have read TripAdvisor before going here. The pasta was mushy and the sauce was heavy with tomato paste. I had the chicken marsala and the chicken was okay. The pizza seemed like it may be from a frozen crust. The waitress was nice and helpful. Recommend going elsewhere when visiting the area.