Lowest prices for your stay
Interstate
travelup.com
Expedia.comUS$151
TravelocityUS$151
Lol.travelUS$178
All reviews indoor pool the breakfast area choice hotels would stay again check in was easy beds were comfortable diner lobby cereal desk asu clerk nc properties
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2021

While we have been long time guests of Comfort Suites and Choice brand properties, we are becoming more and more disenchanted with declining properties and less than expected stays. Our trip to Boone and this property started off with a very delayed check-in due to apparent housekeeping/staffing issues. Rooms were not ready until late evening and then they were found to be very hurriedly made up. This leaves to question that if the bed is not properly made up, what other housekeeping steps were overlooked. Signage detailing disinfecting and cleaning are posted, but it was clear those are not the rule. Maintenance issues where found in room as well as entrance doors that would not operate with key pads. The front desk staff even advised upon check in as to which were not operational. This then requires longer walks to find entrances that operate from the outside when returning to the property. It is apparent that the property was once a showplace in the area, but maybe staffing issues have taken their toll on their cleaning, maintenance and upkeep. The breakfast area and staff were a plus and were working hard on a busy morning. This was a plus considering front desk staff upon check-in and check-out seemed distracted and disinterested in their guests. I would will seek another hotel option for future visits to the Boone area.

Room tip: Rooms at the end of the hotel are by a business with a skateboard ramp the activity creates noise.
Reviewed 2 November 2021

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and have never written a bad review until now. I stayed at this hotel in October. I came back to my room one night to find the cleaning woman just outside my door closing the door to my room. When I went into the room, several pairs of earrings had been stolen out of my jewelry bag. I went to the front desk to report it. They did absolutely nothing about it. I ended up filing a police report, and the officer working on the case said that the hotel has been completely uncooperative in finding the person that stole my earrings. He also told me that another theft has taken place in the hotel since then.

Room tip: The cleaning people are thieves.
Reviewed 31 October 2021 via mobile

While a guest of this hotel, we had a watch stolen from our room. We noted that during room cleaning, every room on the floor had the door locks thrown so that the doors were all unsecured while staff was nowhere in sight. Corporate apologized for the theft, hotel management NEVER responded to the incident. Police report made. I cannot recommend this hotel since hotel staff themselves leave the rooms insecure and unattended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank X3246UZsteves
Reviewed 28 October 2021 via mobile

This a standard comfort suites. The room was quite large and clean. Nice fireplace in the lobby. Beds were comfortable and sheets soft. Staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was sub par. NO MILK. How can you have cereal and oatmeal out with no milk?? Not much choice on bread.

Room tip: On a busy road avoid rush hour
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WinnieTavernier
Reviewed 25 October 2021

From the bugs on the wall to the rock hard mattresses to the bland breakfast and the paper-thin walls, our stay was a below average experience. If you book this hotel, request a room away from the busy street because it's like there is nothing between you and vehicle noise. It doesn't stop there-- we were also graced with the sounds of people coughing and hacking in rooms all around us, too. I don't fault them because we were coughing, too, but the walls were so thin, we could hear people two or three rooms away. Finally, some courteous traveler left a trail, you read that right, a trail of smashed potato chips on the floor leading to or from the elevator. When the elevator door opened, more chips! I notified the desk person who basically grunted at me (apparently I had interrupted him doing something important in the back office). The trail stayed there for the entire duration of our stay. The plus side is that we could find the elevator again (just followed the trail). Bottom line is that the place's prices were jacked up due to the leaf peeping season, but the place is in serious need of new mattresses, customer service training, and improved windows.

Room tip: Choose a room away from the road because the road noise is very loud and the windows and A/C unit do not reduce the noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business