“Amazing.”
Review of Gaijin Noodle Bar

Gaijin Noodle Bar
Ranked #78 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brought my kids. Great blend of traditional Japanese Ramen and Southern. Was surprised to find such a great restaurant like this in the middle of the mountains in southeast US. Everything we tried was excellent

1  Thank Tikiboo

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have eaten eaten here 4-5 times, and every time has been excellent. Friendly service, which is always nice, and AMAZING food. They have a good variety of noodle bowls, but we keep trying new things, and are continually blown away. We had a burger there and it was unexpectedly delicious! And their Japanese sausage friend spring roll things (can't remember the name) - they are insanely good. And bao buns for $2 on Mondays (if they still do it)! My kids love trying the different types they have. This is a great addition to Boone and has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants.

1  Thank MICHE1422
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness - we ended up here unexpectedly but WOW! The food was delicious, and the service was wonderful. The restaurant is owned by husband and wife, and her sister is bartender. We had 14 in our party and got just about everything on the menu - and Everything was fantastic!!! Order the godzilla fries, tempura veggies and the pepper boppers as appetizers.

We will all be back!

1  Thank heidibrown5006
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Went with friends with high expectations, but those would soon come to fall on their face. Despite the amount of time that goes into making the ramen broth, it is too salty and lacks a dynamic flavor that is ramen both can have, and should have at that price. In addition, the service was terribly slow, and one friend fell ill after eating a poorly cooked soft boiled egg.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I was excited to try this place but was disappointed by the experience. We first ordered potstickers as an appetizer. Some people might like their version, but I have completely contradictory feelings about them. The filling and dipping sauce were to die for, but the wrapper was not good - deep fried and super salty. I ordered the vegetarian bowl for my main dish, and was shocked to see that there were no vegetables in it. Broth, noodles, tofu, mushrooms, and onions, only. I usually eat Asian food for how healthy, colorful, and flavorful it is. This was flavorful, but I did not feel satisfied after eating it. Something I would like to try is their happy hour/specials, as I have heard they have excellent mixed drinks!